+ Reply to Thread

Goodbye old friend

After a long and frustrating battle with the big V (over several things), it's time to say goodbye to the ol' i760. I was pretty lucky with mine (and 3 subsequent replacements, all for the no wake up issue), ran great, love the form factor and how well built it was. But made the jump to T-Mob and the HTC TP2. See you on that board!!

Just curious... tell us about your battle with Big Z!... we can commiserate!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Just some replacement issues with other family member phones, and having paid asurion for how ever many years and NEVER being told about a deductible till I tried to use it on my wifes phone. The CSR's are great, second level supervisors not so much, third level managers are good too. The final factor was my daughter in law started with T-Mob and we could not pass up that deal. So far so good, very impressed with their service and coverage so far. The new TP-2 don't hurt either!!

You can never pass up a family member discount! The CSR that sold you on insurance probably didn't say anything.. add to that the deductible requirement has changed over the years. I love how the cell phone carriers reserve the right to change the agreements when ever they want. then what's the point of the agreement? Now that verizon offers a $50 out of warranty replacement it makes the need for insurance minimal unless you use it for breakage....
    Vote with your feet... someday enough people will leave verizon and they'll have to realize they don't have a lock on the market. I guess they have, kinda, since they dropped the cost of the unlimited plan by $30... but that's still too high IMO. check out PagePlus for example.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Yep, I hear you. I was a bit worried about the coverage in my area, but so far so good. And I cannot say enough about the TP2, I LOVED my Sammy, but there is just no comparison, it's an amazing unit.