+ Reply to Thread

Wink I Jumped Ship for a Motorola DROID and I'm in Heaven!

The SCH-I760 was a pretty good phone once tweaked exactly right. However Mine started having issues with the speaker and it was just time. I went with a DROID and I really do love it. I have only had it 3 weeks and am already running a custom ROM that adds and enables a ton of extra features. One of my favorites is the wireless tethering either via wifi or bluetooth (NOT and out of the box option). It also adds the ability to overclock from the standard 550MHz to 1.2GHz. I have no need to run it that high but with a nice scaling application it works well. The support community for the DROID is monstrous right now. If you are thinking about a new phone definately check out the Moto DROID.

DROID DOES!
    Nuc.

Yeah I plan on going to the Droid when I get the money. It looks awesome and has all the features I want.

You still cannot sync with Exchange calendar though right? Contacts and email are great but I need my calendar too!
    Palm100 > Compaq 3835 > Dell x50 > SCH-i760 > HTC Incredible

What about syncing thtough Google Calendar?

I was very into this phone, but they I heard that the KB was not that great. The physical keyboard was the thing that made me go "ok, now I can get one of them thar Googlinux phones".

Also, I am a bit concerned that with the release of the Nexus One the hardware bar standard has been raised on Android phones, so I know I'd want one with the same power.

Still, the Droid would be fun - just saw an ad with someone selling one new in box sans contract for $400.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Lucas - the keyboard isn't that good but the on screen is very good. I'm wondering if you could get Swype to work on it.

I'm nearly 100% sure I heard that there was Swype on Android ...

* Download Swype for Android Beta | Android Central

Well it seems that there are a bunch of motivated users working on how to hack it in officially or not.

That would be good.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Yeah, using swype now and knowing that the physical keyboard on the Droid isn't good makes it easier for me to switch in the future. I'm just not ready for the extra $30 for the data charge.