+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So Long i760

So Long i760

Just got a used Omnia i910 with 6.5 Lioryte Rom for $75 and i'm loving it!! Thanks to everyone for all the assistance over the last year or so. It' been real.

Do you need the data plan for that phone?

yes. the data plan i had on my i760 works on my new phone.

Congratulations! I'm happy with my i760 right now but someday I'll move onto another phone.

If you're still checking, I wanted to ask you for clarification. You've been paying the mandatory $30 or so data plan required for the newer phones with your i760 and that's what you're paying with the Omnia as well?

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaster View Post
    Congratulations! I'm happy with my i760 right now but someday I'll move onto another phone.

If you're still checking, I wanted to ask you for clarification. You've been paying the mandatory $30 or so data plan required for the newer phones with your i760 and that's what you're paying with the Omnia as well?
    That is correct

Isn't there a cheaper data rate plan you can get?

I'd pay an extra $15/month with a decent MB usage.

Not that I know. There are 3G multimedia phones (non smart phones like the chocoloate touch). perhaps those phones have a cheaper data plan?? Just a guess though.

I wouldn't mind getting the Droid but getting a limited data plan, I don't think I need the unlimited. Something that's like an extra $15/month on top of my already $60 phone bill.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    FWIW, my company enabled all us VZW users to get a 20% discount on data plans, so the $30 plan is now $24. They also boosted the monthly plan discount from 13% to 17%. That's another $10/month savings. That's like paying $14/month for the data addition. Maybe your company has an employee plan?

Mark

You should consider Page Plus. ALL I pay is $30 / month for 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, and 50 MB data.
    Micallen

Sprint also has cheaper plans I think.

Well after two and a half years it was finally time to get rid of the trusty i760. The touch screen stopped working completely about two weeks ago, then the screen turned white and I was barely able to read any text on my phone.

I ended up going to a Samsung (I love Samsung) Reality, it's not a smart phone but it works fine and has all the nice little features I need. Plus I don't need a data plan, only a multimedia plan ($9.99/month for 25 MB). It's a nice little (I stress little) phone and I think I'll be happy with it until I can upgrade to a smart phone and a data plan.

The only real downside is that I can't play NBA Jam on this phone and a slew of other awesome games, oh well.

Thank you everyone who's helped me in the past and helped the forum, it was great checking in everyday to see if anything new was posted.