+ Reply to Thread

2.5 mm headphones / earbuds

Has anyone found a decent pair of headphones with a 2.5 mm plug? It's hard to beleive that with so many cell phones with MP3 players that take 2.5 mm plugs, there are no headphones that are compatible. I currently use a "hands free" thingy - but it has atttached mic. JUST want earbuds.
    Micallen

get an adapter and use any headphone you want ?

Quote Originally Posted by bell boy View Post
    get an adapter and use any headphone you want ?
    I don't want the extra bulk. I just figured someone made one - and I just haven't found it yet.
    Micallen

I have those too, but would rather have some ear buds. To me, these aren't real comfortable. They don't fit in my ear very well. And if you just want to listen to music, you don't need the extra section (mic.) hanging around (ha... literally).

They work... just not what I'd prefer.
    Micallen

The problem is the extra conductor in the plug for the mic on the cell phone headphones. I've never seen an pair of headphones that is designed to fit that plug that isn't going to have a mic dongle on the wires somewhere. I'm using a pair of headphones I got years ago with my Kyo7135, the mic dongle is pretty small:
    Kyocera - Accessories -- Kyocera cell phone accessories

This is the best thing I can think of is an adapter for the 2.5 mm, 4 conductor stereo output on a cell phone to a 3.5mm 3 conductor plug for standard stereo headphones. Then you can use any stereo earbuds with a 3.5 mm jack you want. I think Radio Shack carries these as well.

Jasco 95553 2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Adapter by GE in Cell Phone Cables at JR.com

I for one like having the control of the mic when a call comes in.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I really wish the i760 had a 3.5, but this lead me to get Bluetooth headphones and I've not looked back.

I nearly bought these way back - no idea of their quality, but I have several products from these people which were/are good.

i760 Audio and Music / Samsung i760 Audio and Music
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

The black berry earbuds work great 2.5mm