+ Reply to Thread

Moving on to Palm Pre Plus

Just wanted to say Good-bye to the i760 Forum. I have learned a lot here the past few years. I have finally given up. I could not resist the Palm Pre Plus $49 buy one get one free, and the FREE Mobile Hotspot for up to 5 devices.
    Si totus alius deficio, lascivio mortuus.

Yeah, VZW is really trying to clear house of some decent smart phones and its VERY tempting to pick up a new toy. I considered the PPP quite heavily. I think it's a very nice device and the hotspot thing sounds crazy - is it using PPP as a hotspot for no additional charge? Do you have a link to this deal or is just a standard PPP feature?

I am seriously considering jumping to the HTC Incredible (or N1), but tbh the i760 serves all my current needs adequately. As soon as I get an Opera Mini that is stable on which I can input text without issue I'll be happy I think. Also, the manditory data plan will keep me here for a while I think.

Good luck.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

The hotspot is totally free, VZW dropped what they were charging to zero. They even made it zero for existing customers that were paying for it.

I stuck it out for as long as I could, but there were too many things wrong with the i760 that I had been living with (i.e. Bluetooth stack, lockups, slowdowns) that were never going to get resolved.

I have only had the Palm Pre Plus for a week and I am totally happy with it.
    Si totus alius deficio, lascivio mortuus.