+ Reply to Thread

Windows 7 Supports Syncing The i760 In Windows Mobile Device Center?

I've been having off and on sync's, sometimes it sync's successfully and other times it doesn't sync at all..

But I'm just curious, can anyone confirm or deny that the i760 is now supported in windows 7 windows mobile device center?

I remembered reading a few months ago that it wasn't supported..

I have windows 7 and have connected my i760 to my computer with no problem. In fact, I have connected with both a cable and bluetooth.

But I don't have Outlook, so I can't sync my calendar or contacts. I also don't try to sync files. All I do is connect without establishing a partnership so I can access the files and install software. That has worked flawlessly.

I hope that helps.

Cool, I guess this really does go to show how much more superior 7 is to Vista.. LoL

Nobody could ever get them to connect successfully in Vista and now bam 7 successfully sync's this phone..

Quote Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
    Cool, I guess this really does go to show how much more superior 7 is to Vista.. LoL

Nobody could ever get them to connect successfully in Vista and now bam 7 successfully sync's this phone..
    Just so we are clear - I am not syncing because I don't have Outlook. I'm just connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by twcowdery View Post
    Just so we are clear - I am not syncing because I don't have Outlook. I'm just connecting.
    Yea I got ya I don't let windows backup any of my stuff either..

As far as contacts I use and backup my address book with TCB everytime I add a new contact and overwrite the old backup..

Thats what I do also I guess you'd call it..

But I remember a few months ago my phone would always show up as a unrecognized usb device, then I'd get a BSOD and crash.. Now it suddenly works..

What is TCB?

Gmail can serve as a Microsoft Exchange server. Since I use gmail, I sync my calendar and contact list with it. I don't have email sent to my phone since I don't use a data plan. But I sync when I connect to the net via WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by twcowdery View Post
    What is TCB?

Gmail can serve as a Microsoft Exchange server. Since I use gmail, I sync my calendar and contact list with it. I don't have email sent to my phone since I don't use a data plan. But I sync when I connect to the net via WiFi.
    Ohh cool, yea theres no default mail or word application for Windows 7 dunno why.. TCB is Turbo Contact Backup ( Turbo GPS and PPC Software ), great little piece of freeware..