+ Reply to Thread

Goodbye i760 & PPC :bawling:

i700 -> i730 -> i760 -> HTC Incredible

I have to say that its been fun, the i760 was a great phone but i never really liked using the PPC os. It always seemed very clunky.

I have been resisting the $30/mo data charge but finally gave in.
    Just bought an Incredible and believe that they finally made a phone that is usable and is not an iphone.

But Just as good as an iphone with the following benefits - i can add memory change my battery, i'm not constricted by itunes & i can drag & drop music on and off the phone to my hearts content.

Quote Originally Posted by okrk View Post
    i700 -> i730 -> i760 -> HTC Incredible
    I made the same jump last week. Hated the Incredible for a day - no BT voicedialing, limited Exchange syncing, missed the physical keyboard...

1) Well my car allows the phonebook to be downloaded so voicedialing works now.
    2) Found an app that dramatically improves Exchange usage (as good as WinMo phone it seems so far).
    3) Tweaked the keyboard a bit and it's better, but not as good as the physical keyboard.

So after 4 days (and one hard reboot because I was playing with killing apps) I love the phone... Love it!
    Palm100 > Compaq 3835 > Dell x50 > SCH-i760 > HTC Incredible

So funny. This is the move I planned to make. I was finally going to bite the bullet and pony up for the data plan and get myself an Incredible.

After going back and forth I decided to stick it out with the i760. I would LOVE to play with the Incredible and I'm very interested in Android being a part-time Linux user. I sat myself down and explained that tbh the i760 does everything I need it to do. Well at least that's the story I am sticking with.

Would love to hear your impressions after say a month or so.

If HTC gets off its bum and actually makes an Incredible/Desire/N1 quality handset WITH a nice slide-out I'll not be able to resist any longer.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I am due an upgrade and will be going with the Incredible as well @149.00$. The I760 has been a love hate from day one for me, love what it is capable of but hate it when it wont do it!!.

Quote Originally Posted by John0866 View Post
    I made the same jump last week. Hated the Incredible for a day - no BT voicedialing, limited Exchange syncing, missed the physical keyboard...

1) Well my car allows the phonebook to be downloaded so voicedialing works now.
    2) Found an app that dramatically improves Exchange usage (as good as WinMo phone it seems so far).
    3) Tweaked the keyboard a bit and it's better, but not as good as the physical keyboard.

So after 4 days (and one hard reboot because I was playing with killing apps) I love the phone... Love it!
    The voice dialing almost stopped me from buying the incredible. I figured i would give it a test run for a month or so.

I really,really miss the voice dialing but the customizability of the droid os is like a new birth! This is how we always wanted our i760's to work.

I always saw ppls iphones and found the interface very slick, intuitive and easy to use. But i hate the way apple locks down everything. All the apps seem to have the same plain vanilla look. After playing with the incredible for a few days i am amazed. Everything is so bright and colorful with the intuitiveness of the iphone but with way more flexibility (don't say flexibility to loud around the MacHeads they may get lost and not find their way home). I think Android on the incredible has surpassed the iphone. The only bad thing is you can't browse while on the phone. Don't know if i'm about to leave verizon for that though.

I really love the fact that you don't need itunes to load music on it. Just plug it into your computer and drag & drop the music.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    So funny. This is the move I planned to make. I was finally going to bite the bullet and pony up for the data plan and get myself an Incredible.

After going back and forth I decided to stick it out with the i760. I would LOVE to play with the Incredible and I'm very interested in Android being a part-time Linux user. I sat myself down and explained that tbh the i760 does everything I need it to do. Well at least that's the story I am sticking with.

Would love to hear your impressions after say a month or so.

If HTC gets off its bum and actually makes an Incredible/Desire/N1 quality handset WITH a nice slide-out I'll not be able to resist any longer.
    I agree a slider would really make it superIncredible! But i am so glad to be able to easily surf the net, search thru my music lib, play some games etc. all without using a stupid stylus trying to poke at a 1mm x 1mm cancel button for 5 min.