+ Reply to Thread

Which version of Opera Mobile for i760?

Hi everyone,
    I was going to install opera on my devise and noticed they have two versions, one touch and one keypad. Which one is recommended for the i760 since we have both?

Thanks, Will

Get the touch version. You can also use the keys in addition to the touch screen with that version.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

perfect answer, thanks

i installed the opera 10.0 touch version last night. it has more colors and options than pie when browsing the same page.

i still couldn't see pictures with opera as in with pie. the only browser that displays pics and youtube is skyfire but its such a resource hog and it drains my battery.

i tried fiddling with the tcpmp w/ video bundle from xda forums, when i would click on a youtube vid, windows media player would activate by default?

do i need to uninstall windows media player in order for tcpmp to play videos?

Quote Originally Posted by campos View Post
    i installed the opera 10.0 touch version last night. it has more colors and options than pie when browsing the same page.

i still couldn't see pictures with opera as in with pie. the only browser that displays pics and youtube is skyfire but its such a resource hog and it drains my battery.

i tried fiddling with the tcpmp w/ video bundle from xda forums, when i would click on a youtube vid, windows media player would activate by default?

do i need to uninstall windows media player in order for tcpmp to play videos?
    1st I would recommend Opera Mini - not perfect but it's SO FAST you can forgive its imperfections.

Opera Mini 5 v1.00 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone.

TCPMP + PIE used to be a great method for watching YouTube videos, but it kind of stopped working about 6 months ago. Anyways, Google's official YouTube application is great imo

Google Mobile

You can also try Youtubeplay v1.00 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone. which works as well.

For other stuff SkyFire works ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    1st I would recommend Opera Mini - not perfect but it's SO FAST you can forgive its imperfections.

Opera Mini 5 v1.00 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone.

TCPMP + PIE used to be a great method for watching YouTube videos, but it kind of stopped working about 6 months ago. Anyways, Google's official YouTube application is great imo

Google Mobile
    thank you.

You can also try Youtubeplay v1.00 freeware for Windows Mobile Phone. which works as well.

For other stuff SkyFire works ok for me.
    i have time to fiddle with my phone this afternoon and i'll load these apps.

is coreplayer = tcpmp? if so, i don't mind paying for a flash player if it will integrate with pie/opera.

google also has a "youtube player". have you tried that?
    Last edited by campos; 07-31-2010 at 09:47 PM.

TCPMP turned into Coreplayer. Coreplayer actually has a YouTube player built into it. As far as I know there is no way to have YT videos you find in a browser load into anything but Windows Media Player which will play them (poorly)

Yes, the official Google TY application is really good (and I've since found out that YouTubePlay can no longer save the videos to your device which negates its use.

Definitely install the google player. If you don't mind paying Coreplayer is a nice application (but TCPMP will do 90% of what you'll need for free). Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in this.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    TCPMP turned into Coreplayer. Coreplayer actually has a YouTube player built into it. As far as I know there is no way to have YT videos you find in a browser load into anything but Windows Media Player which will play them (poorly)

Yes, the official Google TY application is really good (and I've since found out that YouTubePlay can no longer save the videos to your device which negates its use.

Definitely install the google player. If you don't mind paying Coreplayer is a nice application (but TCPMP will do 90% of what you'll need for free). Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in this.
    i'll see if coreplayer has a free trial period. i haven't been able to get tcpmp to work. perhaps i'm using outdate/incorrect files?

i tried the official youtube player and googles youtube player. googles version used less resources and the search function was about the same. i concluded by just keeping googles youtube player.

i also installed google "find" and google "maps". "find" is on my home screen along with with their other two apps. i still haven't installed a shell like pointui/ifonz/spb mb 3.5 yet.

as of 1:38pm pacific time there's 60 viewers for this section, WOW! it seems to be the most active section on this site.

COME ON GUYS, POST, LETS KEEP THIS SECTION AND OUR PHONES GOING!

Huge improvements so far (biggest being that the w and x keys work - YAY - and you can make it your DEFAULT BROWSER). Do try m.opera.com

Opera Mini 5.1 for Windows Mobile Supports Higher-Res Devices and Default Browser Status

I have been wondering about which browser to use for a while, and the fact that the w and y keys don't work has been a reason so far I have been using PIE or SkyFire, not Opera Mini. It sounds like that issue has been resolved according to luca_bras1. I like the full functionality (desktop viewing) of SkyFire compared to PIE, in addition to the reduced memory consumption.
    I only use Wi-Fi on my phone for data, not 3G. I have been wondering about Opera Mobile vs. Opera Mini, and I found this website, Opera browser in Perm - —ÚŗÚŁŤ —ūŗ‚ŪŚŪŤŚ Opera Mini vs Mobile , which discusses the differences, and it sounds like Opera Mobile might be the way to go for me. Anyone else have experience with this that could give me some insight? Thanks.