+ Reply to Thread

Typing Problem---HELP!!

Hey Everybody, I'm hoping you guys can help me with a problem I'm having with my Samsung SCH-i760.
    Well, I'm having a problem with my keyboard. It isn't typing right. I'll press an r and it will type qwerty, I'll press a v and it will type zxcv and ask me if I want to save the message in drafts as if I wanted to exit. Or I'll press up and it will act like I pressed Enter and create an empty line, and many other weird things.

I have already tried to see if a reset would fix it. It didn't, then I tried a Hard Reset. It didn't work either. Can anyone help me? Does anyone else have this problem or ever had it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    does the on screen keyboard do this?

if not, and you have done a complete hard reset, then is physical in nature (hardware issue) and the device is in need of replacement....

No, the onscreen keyboard does not do this... darn, I need a replacement? I cant' afford a replacement...

Administrator
    thats what it sounds like.. sounds like debris or the membrane keypad has worn out and when you press one button it presses others causing your issue. wish i could help more....

Next best thing would be to get Swype on there. Not technically 100% legal I guess (I don't think they are selling the WM version, but I guess they want it to be exclusive to the Omnia - but hey we're Samsung people too), but I know if used to be over at the XDA forums (and there's a thread about it here and how to set it up)

Swype keyboard

Now you just need to find the Swype cab somewhere and give it a try.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 06-22-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Next best thing would be to get Swype on there. Not technically 100% legal I guess (I don't think they are selling the WM version, but I guess they want it to be exclusive to the Omnia - but hey we're Samsung people too), but I know if used to be over at the XDA forums (and there's a thread about it here and how to set it up)

Swype keyboard

Now you just need to find the Swype cab somewhere and give it a try.
    hello,

i find many of your posts informative and exactly the info i''m looking for when customizing my i760.

apparently xda removed the link to d/l swype. do you know if any other forum hosting the link?

i just d/l'd SIPChange.

thank you,