+ Reply to Thread

Contacts Will Not Sync To i760

hey guys,

i was having a host of issues upgrading to my i760, firewall issues, active sync issues and transferring email and appointments. i repaired my outlook pst file with scanpst.exe and locating my pst file. searching through this site i was able to resolve all but one.

i cannot sync my contacts to my i760. i'm using xp media center and ms outlook 2003.

i was using AS4.2 for my i730. i installed AS4.5 to get my i760 going. i could not sync any contacts. i reverted back to my i730(has phone service until i get my i760 going) and now any changes i make in my i730 are not being updated to outlook or vice versa to my i730.

i searched the forums and google for this last issue but i cannot find a solution.

i had AS4.2(i730), upgraded to AS4.5(i760), then when i had the contact sync'ing issues, i reverted back to AS4.2(i730).

i have phone service to my i730, i wanted to make sure i had everything working with the i760 before i connect it.

os - windows xp media center
    email client - microsoft outlook 2003

since i have microsoft office 2003, will upgrading to microsoft 2007 fix my issues?

Clueless Noob
    I don't think your version on Outlook would be the issue. Normally when AS fails it gives you a numeric code indicating why. Has your PC recognized your device by installing the drivers for it?? There are some other ideas for you, but I need to check some settings first.

thanks for the reply, i didn't receive any errors when i installed AS4.5 and sync'd my i760.

my i730 is just about dead, takes 15min to boot.

all of my appt's/calendar/emails sync on the i760 sans the contacts.

i'll re-install AS4.5 and sync the i760 and see what happens, will report back with the outcome.

well guys, i ended up figuring out the problem to my issue.

i searched this site and google for a solution with no avail.

here's what was causing the contacts sync issue.

my i730 partnership was called WM_HP_dv9000 in AS4.2. when i installed AS4.5 for my i760, the partnership defaulted to Windows_PC2.

in AS4.5 on opening activesync the only partnership visible was Windows_PC2, i didn't see the scroll bar on the right. low and behold, i scrolled and saw WM_HP_dv9000.

i went ahead and deleted the Windows_PC2 partnership. Under WM_HP_dv9000 the contact box to sync was unclicked. i went ahead and clicked on the option and WHALLAAA!!!

all contacts are sync'd now

i'm positive other users have had this same issue.