+ Reply to Thread

looking for the registry???

I am following the instructions on another thread to fix my alignment issue. I downloaded total commander to edit the registry however I can not find the registiry file. Can someone help please?

Its been a while but try this....Go to the root directory and in the address bar type two slashes // then press enter. or it may be 3 slashes, not sure if its forward or back slash. Just try all combinations of that and you will find it.

Ok, just confirmed, its 3 backslashes like this \\\

sehrhart please can you post info on how to do this registry edit or a link with info to it.

thank you

Thanks. I ended up downloading Resco and taking off commander. I didn't fully understand what I was doing untill i installed resco and i saw the familar registry icon. So Im good now.

Quote Originally Posted by campos View Post
    sehrhart please can you post info on how to do this registry edit or a link with info to it.

thank you
    this is the thread i was using. It didn't work for me changing the calibration data made it worse. I have 38 of these devices so i grabbed one with proper alignment and copied that code still didn't work. I am assuming the screen is bad. Hope it works for you.

i760 screen align loop solution

As a side note these where the worse decision I made when having to switch to a Pda instead of paperwork. The screens on these are garbage out of the 38 i had to send them in at least twice in a year for the same thing. Screen alignment. Now the warrenty is over and I have to use assurian to fix a known flaw. So I was trying to save myself $50 per. Oh well the good thing is Asurian ran out of I760's so now they send me the HTC touch Pro I have 10 of these now and never once had to send them in for screen alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by sehrhart View Post
    this is the thread i was using. It didn't work for me changing the calibration data made it worse. I have 38 of these devices so i grabbed one with proper alignment and copied that code still didn't work. I am assuming the screen is bad. Hope it works for you.

i760 screen align loop solution

As a side note these where the worse decision I made when having to switch to a Pda instead of paperwork. The screens on these are garbage out of the 38 i had to send them in at least twice in a year for the same thing. Screen alignment. Now the warrenty is over and I have to use assurian to fix a known flaw. So I was trying to save myself $50 per. Oh well the good thing is Asurian ran out of I760's so now they send me the HTC touch Pro I have 10 of these now and never once had to send them in for screen alignment.
    thank you,

i'm a former sch-i730 owner and the screen on the i760 isn't as sensitive and alignment issues.

i thought my alignment issues were because of a dust/screen cover that came with my phone(bought it used). i removed the cover and the alignment issues are still present.

hopefully the info. in the link you posted will resolve this issue.