+ Reply to Thread

Assurian replacement sucked

My i760 was so old and the screen had trouble recognizing taps on the bottom, so i made a claim thru assurion.
    i must have spend over 250 bucks on assurian insurance all this time... FOR NOTHING! bc now that ive finally made a claim, i sent back the replacement phone bc it was worse than my original.
    it had 6.1 on it, which mine doesnt, and i think thats why a lot of my programs didnt run well on it.
    also, the right d-pad key was so finicky that if u didnt press it exactly on the "right" spot, it would act like u pressed the down button every time.
    it just sucked, so i sent it back and am expecting my $50 credit.
    then im gonna cancel the insurance and call it a loss.
    i really wanted to stick with the i760 bc its the last time i can get a ppc thru verizon without paying for a data plan i dont need. i just dont want to carry around a pocket pc and phone... i dont see why i cant converge without a data plan. the most important program to me is pocketbreeze and until they make that for other platforms i am stuck.

as a last resort, get one from ebay.

i recently bought one and it had wm6.0 which i then upgraded to wm6.1.

phones sell for $60-$100

I agree... insurance is becoming less a necessity as a decent selection of older PDA phones grow on eBay.. in fact I'm noticing newer phones for a good price, why spend the money on insurance when these are so affordable. pickup a spare and save the money on insurance. Back in the day when PDA phones were new and replacements were expensive insurance was worth the price... now, not so much..
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I think I might cancel my insurance, but at this point I've put so much money into it I'd feel like a real idiot if something went wrong and I wanted to explore this option.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by campos View Post
    as a last resort, get one from ebay.

i recently bought one and it had wm6.0 which i then upgraded to wm6.1.

phones sell for $60-$100

I got mine from eBay and it's been just fine.