+ Reply to Thread

WMWifiRouter 2.0

hello guys, please help

i read the entire sticky thread here on this and there is no answer posted - Wifirouter on i760??

i'm using wmwifirouter v2.0. do i still need to install the ics?

originally i installed 2.0 without it and i was able to use the program over wifi sporadically.

3g to usb was fine but it would automatically disconnect from active sync. when exiting wmwifirouter i could not re-establish a connection to activesync which required me to restart my pc.

my problem is turning this phone into a wifi hotspot. it worked sporadically.

here's mrailings post with updated info and dhcp/static i.p./subnet mask info - Wifirouter on i760??

i can't get this to work reliably.

earlier this morning it worked and i was happy. went to work and other phones like droids and iphones were unable to connect. the ssid was incorrect.

now i can't connect.....

please can someone help me get this program working?
    Last edited by campos; 08-05-2010 at 01:36 AM.

guys here's another thread on how to wifi tether for free, without the use of wmwifirouter.

its uses the same ics that wmwifirouter requires but instead of wmwifirouter, it requires a program called icscontrol(freeware) and configuring the phones wifi settings.

Guide to tethering via wifi, bt or usb for free

i'm having the same problem, the only way i can connect my laptop to my phones wifi signal is by FIRST getting my iphone to connect first.

once the iphone is connnected, my laptop will connect after. if i turn off the iphone, the laptop connection will drop.

i checked the i.p. address for my laptop and iphone and they are different, as it should be.

please help.

at work i tried to get other pc's to pick up my phones wifi signal.

all pc's(xp and 7) saw the ssid correctly but i still could not get them to connect to my phones wifi signal.

well guys...

i'm going to hard reset my phone.

I could not browse over wifi .. which I did before.

perhaps this will solve my wmwifirouter issue???

i downloaded the free verison and it works great....tho i dont use the usb part only the wireless part...its like wifirouter 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by jerry7186 View Post
    i downloaded the free verison and it works great....tho i dont use the usb part only the wireless part...its like wifirouter 1.0
    are you using wm6.1?

do you mind sharing this version of wmwifirouter?

xda-developers - View Single Post - WMWifiRouter - v1.60 (build 1120) - December 17, 2009

i use this, so far as i can tell it only works while on the usb cable.