+ Reply to Thread

Question A newbies Question

I tried searching but could not find a thread for this. Sorry if there was and I missed it. The problem I am having is what my Daughter calls butt calls. She does have a password lock on her I760 phone and activates it but sometimes when she puts it in her pocket it will place calls on its own. I have made sure she has no speed dial numbers so that is not the problem and the calls are all random, not the last call placed or anything. Does anyone have any ideas.

You should lock it and then turn off the screen. Hold down the * button until the phone locks and then press the button on the top of the phone.

I would try that but how do we unlock it after. I was just able to get the manual so I am learning what to teach my daughter. Thanks

To unlock it afterward, press the left Soft Key and then press *.

One of my MUST HAVE WM apps. 4 characters

S2U2 A_C S2 Applications for Windows Mobile (get the QVGA version)
    Install to devise memory and play with the settings, but essentially this puts on an iPhone-like screen lock that you have to slide ... to unlock.

I find it to be very useful and slick. It's free - give it a try it should solve the problem and add functionality/cool factor.

* one of my favorite things is that it will pop up a preview box for incoming texts/emails or for alarms and reminders and you can choose to dismiss/snooze/view etc. right from the S2U2 screen. Good stuff.

Check out the S2V (great photo viewer) and S2P too as they all play nice together.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 09-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

luca_bras1 I have a few questions that perhaps you or someone can answer. My I760 has SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on it so I did not know if S2U2 would still work properly. Also does S2U2 work the same as pressing * because after dnlphm94 gave me his suggestion she has had no butt calls. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Dadyoh View Post
    luca_bras1 I have a few questions that perhaps you or someone can answer. My I760 has SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on it so I did not know if S2U2 would still work properly. Also does S2U2 work the same as pressing * because after dnlphm94 gave me his suggestion she has had no butt calls. Thanks for the info
    Hi there. If your butt call problem is solved then there's really no reason for S2U2 I guess. Especially if you are running Mobile Shell which probably offers many of the same features and also it takes up so much memory I wouldn't suggest adding any unnecessary applications.

The way it works (with my settings) is that every time I hit the power button it S2U2 engages and locks the screen and buttons, but it displays the time, my calendar, alarms and messages. It is set to come on as soon as the screen goes off. When you just want to check the time, your calendar if you missed any messages you can just hit the power button and it pops up with all the info (I have SPB Weather displayed as well).
    You can set it to only go one when you click on its icon as well. There's a bunch of customization and options. I like it, but if all you want is a screen lock you don't really need it.

Isn't the internet wonderful sometimes. Here's someone running 3.5 with S2U2 (different phone) YouTube - SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 with S2U2 on HTC Touch Viva
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 09-03-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

thanks very much, ithink you are right in that if I have a fix I will just go with that.