+ Reply to Thread

If my 760 is stuck at the Windows Mobile screen, is it a brick?

I would like to at least get the data off of this thing. Is it a brick - stuck at the Windows Mobile 6.1 green screen.

I've tried reseting it with the stylus, I've tried removing the battery.

It had been very sluggish. Now it doesn't seem to boot past the green screen.

Please help. VZW hasn't been very helpful. Of course I'm now eligible for a new phone, but all of my contact information, data, etc. for the past year and a half is gone.

-Scott

Did you back up the phone onto your computer at least once? It's good to back up your contacts every time you add a new one to the phone. If you did back up your contacts, then I suggest you hard reset the phone and restore the contacts onto it.

Yes, I have an old backup from about a year ago. I haven't synced since then because when XP SP3 came out, it killed Active Sync's ability to properly communicate with the phone.

Where is the 'hard' reset for this phone? I only know about the soft reset button on the left side of the keyboard.

A "hard" reset means to completely clear everything from your phone; basically puts it back to its factory settings.
    To hard reset your phone, check out this post:
    Click here.