+ Reply to Thread

got some questions for a pro

bought me my first i760 last year, hooked it up with pageplus, cheaper then vzw

i found there was an update for WM6.1 so i went ahaid and flashed the phone to the new OS, (would like to try 6.5) iv noticed over the past week my phone has been freezing on me, like it allmost locks up then asks if i want to view pictures on my external sd card, when i first got the upgrade installed it never did this, the phone lags, iv tried deleting what i can and i seem to get alot of phone fatal errors, and what not..... i also have horrible RECEPTION, anywhere, except driving. i tried the service menu and changed its slot cycle to 3 then to 0 and so forth still has no bars, iv also tried *228 and that just waste 2 min of my time.

i dont know how to edit,

but i flashed from 6.0 to 6.1 like January. alot of people send me pic messages some that are kinda dumb but could any have a virus on them? nothing seems to be running on the phone. but the loss of reception and the phone basically freezing on me it seems it likes todo this every other day.

You said you've tried everything. Have you tried hard-resetting your phone? Hard reset deletes everything on your phone and restores it back to its factory setting. You should backup your phone onto your computer before you do this.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dnlphm94 View Post
    You said you've tried everything. Have you tried hard-resetting your phone? Hard reset deletes everything on your phone and restores it back to its factory setting. You should backup your phone onto your computer before you do this.
    how do i do this? i know how to hard set it, how ever i have no idea how to back up contacts,text, and programs to my computer.

try using a program called PIMbackup. it allows you to backup your phone info to your SD card. Then I would do a hard reset as previously recommended. Check and make sure you used the most recent firmware for the i760. Don't look for an update to WM6.5.. there won't be one for the i760.. not an official at least.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    try using a program called PIMbackup. it allows you to backup your phone info to your SD card. Then I would do a hard reset as previously recommended. Check and make sure you used the most recent firmware for the i760. Don't look for an update to WM6.5.. there won't be one for the i760.. not an official at least.
    Mark
    is anyone cooking a 6.5 for our phone? i was holding on to the i730 hoping 6.1 would be cooked for it....as far as i know it never happened.

i truly enjoy my i760... the only issue i'm having is wmwifirouter. i just cannont get it to work.

i tried .91 and 2.0 without any success.

i did a hard reset and fully updated to 6.1, this time when i updated to 6.1 i rec'd the "success" proxy. before i got an error but when i reset the phone 6.1 showed up???

i do notice that the phone operates better and battery life is extended. i'm hoping when i install wmwifirouter, this time it will work.

what version of wmwifi are you using?

I don't think anyone finished cooking any ROMs for the i760.. the problem was there wasn't a loader anyone could use from what I recall.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.