+ Reply to Thread

New to me i760 with questions

I upgraded my i730 to a i60. I know this ia an old phone but it does what I need it to do!

I spent a ton of time using MRailing tutorials setting up my 730. What should be done to this phone? Is there a reg edit bundle like the 730 had?

I know with the 730 everytime it restated it would reset the data number to hook up to the internet even though I changed it so I couldn't be charged. There was something to be done in the registry to prevent the phone from changing this number back upon startup. Is there a similar technique for the 760?

How about a cpu scaler? I used a great one for the 730, is there a good free one for the 760?

Probably folks who could help you better, but here goes nothin'

I also spent a ton of time with my beloved i730 under mrailing's tutelage. Part of the reason I just jumped to the i760 when I killed my i730 is that mrailing was here. He jumped ship to the TP2 soon after I arrived

Not sure about the reg hack to prevent the data after a reset. Hopefully others will have that answer.

As far as I know there is no free o'clocking utility for the i760 (which SUCKS big patooties) Pocket Hack Master works, but it's not free. I'd use it all the time if it didn't knock out my Bluetooth ...

Do check out the stickies for some good guides and tips. Have you upgraded to 6.1 yet?
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

No, I haven't updated, should I?

To keep from getting charged data on the I760 just change the password of the data connection or the number it dials.. I preferred to removed one of the "7"s in the #777 number... Since I had pay as you go if I ever needed data (ie receive an MMS message) I would just add a "7" and then disconnect and rename as necessary.. rinse and repeat
    My big tweaks were to add
    AE Button Plus-Especially if you are coming from a i730 there are less buttons and they are arranged oddly to-boot.
    VitoCopyPaste..._I dunno I just liked it for copy and pasting when the apps did have the feature built in
    Swype-man, I just have a fallen in love with that inputing with it!

Hope that helps
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 10-08-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Where can I get WM 6.1? I tried a few of the links on the stickies and I couldn't get it.

I have been happy with the 6.1 upgrade, but the differences are not that significant really.

Did you try the official Samsung page?
    </title> <META content="Product Support" name=title /> <META content="Product Support" name=kewords /> <META content="Find world class Product Support information here." name=description /> <META content="" name=date SHEME="ISO-8601" /> <META content

I'd also search right on the VZW site as well, but I think I d-loaded right from Samsung. Just read those stickies to avoid some of the problems others had and follow the instructions to the letter.

I've tried downloading from the links in the sticky, but when I try to get the update from the techtrain page, it says the page couldn't be loaded. Do you guys know anything about that? Is there any other way I can get the update file?

ditto. No where I look can I download the file.

I had success downloading from this page: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I760#

See if that doesn't work for you. I can see if I have the file at on my home PC (I was able to download from this site - just make sure you choose the right model code)

Thank you very much m8. I can't believe I missed that. I had even used that page to download the manual.

Cool beans. Were I a mod I'd add that to one/a few of the stickies to make it easier for new users.

Yes that needs to be a sticky. All the other links are dead and I have been looking all over for this.

thanks!

Where can you get the Swype that works with the i760?
    Last edited by bruceatk; 10-16-2010 at 05:53 PM.

I pm'd a mod and asked the link be added to a sticky

I found another thread on the forum that had a working link. I had already tried three different links to ones that didn't work. The QVGA one here works:

[SKN] • Swype 2.0/3.9 WP7 style [W|Q|VGA] • Available Now & Free !! - xda-developers

Yup... that's it, I was about to post it too.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.