+ Reply to Thread

Upgraded from office 2003 with office 2010....lost all my contacts

hello guys,

i'm on an xp machine. upgraded from office 2003 to office 2010 and lost all my contacts 2000+.

back up on my external is corrupted............

i am royally screwed...

before upgraded to office 2010 i added 7 contacts.

when i sync'd it only added those 7 contacts to office 2010.

i went into my phone and i do not have any contacts on there. the 7 contacts that show up in office 2010 do not show up in my phone....

like i mentioned above the back up on my external is corrupted

what to do ?

I've never known a upgrade to Office 2007 to delete the PST files though I have seen them get orphaned. Have tried looking for your original Outlook PST file? The default location is usually something like: c:\documents and settings\<your profile name>\application data\microsoft\outlook\ . You should be able to reimport it back into your current PST file.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    I've never known a upgrade to Office 2007 to delete the PST files though I have seen them get orphaned. Have tried looking for your original Outlook PST file? The default location is usually something like: c:\documents and settings\<your profile name>\application data\microsoft\outlook\ . You should be able to reimport it back into your current PST file.
    Mark
    thank you for the reply, my .pst back up was on an external that became corrupted(static).

luckily i found my old sch-i730 that has 95% of my contacts. problem is that i'm having trouble getting it to boot up(problem i had before). i'm charging it as we speak.

my laptop took a dump and right now i'm using a netbook with windows 7 starter(have always had xp machines).

i need to find the samsung usb modem drivers for windows 7 and mobile sync 6.5 isnt working.

i will install ms office and back up the contacts to it from my old sch-i730(if i can get it to boot up). then reconnect my sch-i760.

any words of wisdom for me mguzzy?

again thank you for your response.

this netbook with windows 7 starter already has windows live mail.

i just setup my gmail account to it....how easy!

can i use windows live mail to sync my contacts? i would like to avoid installing outlook 2010 on this machine(really slow).