+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456

    Apple Copyrights the letter "i"

    Apple Copyrights the letter "i"

    As a pre-emptive measure, in light of the soon release of Apple's iPhone, and considering their iTunes product and iPod media player, announcement was made from Apple headquarters that they would be filing a copyright patent today on the letter "i." Steve Jobs, speaker with his usual candor, noted that Apple had a duty and responsibility to protect its intellectual property and assure its iNvestors of their due compensation.

    Jobs cautioned his audience that no longer would anyone be permitted to use words such as iMpossible and iNadequate to describe products from Apple. Further, they would be protected from anyone describing Microsoft releases as iNtelligent, iNformative, and iNcredible. He mentioned that this also explained why Apple did not release the iPhone iMmediately following its unveiling.
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

  2. #2
    I'd be convergered if only ... wodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-14-2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    Apple Copyrights the letter "i"

    As a pre-emptive measure, in light of the soon release of Apple's iPhone, and considering their iTunes product and iPod media player, announcement was made from Apple headquarters that they would be filing a copyright patent today on the letter "i." Steve Jobs, speaker with his usual candor, noted that Apple had a duty and responsibility to protect its intellectual property and assure its iNvestors of their due compensation.

    Jobs cautioned his audience that no longer would anyone be permitted to use words such as iMpossible and iNadequate to describe products from Apple. Further, they would be protected from anyone describing Microsoft releases as iNtelligent, iNformative, and iNcredible. He mentioned that this also explained why Apple did not release the iPhone iMmediately following its unveiling.
    Well Pastor, I guess I can't use my i730 any more, and VZW will not be allowed to sell me an i760.

    Bummer!
    Don't mess with old futs...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! B. S. and brilliance only come with age and experience!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-15-2005
    Posts
    99

    Talking

    too funny!!!

    That's it, the i760 is now doomed...


  4. #4
    Registered User yawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2006
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    292
    I think they are trying to copy right the letter "pod" also.
    John 3:16 is more than a sign between the goal posts.

  5. #5
    Registered User equus's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-06-2003
    Location
    Milpitas. California
    Posts
    5,293
    Well Pastor, iAm not going to be iNtimitaed by this, i iNtend to take this to an iCourt cause i have had it upto my iGlasses with a lot of iCrap. better yet my i730 can beat up the iPhone. Also my i730 was an iHonor student at iUniversity.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-25-2005
    Posts
    90
    Copyrght laws are really gettng nsane n ths Country. Please wrte your representatves n Congress and gve them a peace of your mnd.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    If true this is like Metallica trying to patent the use of the E chord on a guitar.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  8. #8
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by ethergnat View Post
    Copyrght laws are really gettng nsane n ths Country. Please wrte your representatves n Congress and gve them a peace of your mnd.

    Now that had me LOL!

  9. #9
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456
    Sue this, Apple!
    Last edited by tsatryan; 06-16-2007 at 07:53 AM.
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

  10. #10
    I know i am but what are you?
    Join Date
    05-20-2005
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by ethergnat View Post
    Copyrght laws are really gettng nsane n ths Country. Please wrte your representatves n Congress and gve them a peace of your mnd.
    Now, that s Funny

  11. #11
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    ROFL!
    iThought iMight have an iNfarction reading this iThread!

    Let's throw them ALL into a tizzy and copyright iLindows!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  12. #12
    Next Gen 100%
    Join Date
    08-22-2006
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    126
    This is even funnier because i* was in use waaaaay before Apple started to use it.

  13. #13
    Registered User TheBundo's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-06-2006
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by Living Ghost View Post
    This is even funnier because i* was in use waaaaay before Apple started to use it.
    Yeah, I even saw that letter in the Bible (which is not even copyrighted)

  14. #14
    Oppressed Wireless User Geckotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-10-2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    688
    Last edited by Geckotek; 07-20-2007 at 11:30 PM.

  15. #15
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456
    iUse Laridian's Pocket Bible on my i730
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

  16. #16
    Oppressed Wireless User Geckotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-10-2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    688
    Ditto....first on my Treo, then on my 6700, now on my Q.

  17. #17
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    I saw this on the ? repor (spelling?) last night on comedy channel

    iEye.........

  18. #18
    Converged and Redeemed
    Join Date
    12-27-2003
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    I saw this on the ? repor (spelling?) last night on comedy channel

    iEye.........
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts