+ Reply to Thread
    ...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar

Exclamation 1 month FREE on your VZW bill!

Okay, it breaks down like this...
    Call this VERIZON number 1-800-258-7604 and select the "telesales" option. Tell the rep you received something in the mail and you'd like to renew your contract for the 1 free month offer . You will receive one month free per line you renew. no, it doesn't count against equiptment, it just extends your contract one year. it has to be done in the next 10 days (I'm sure this has something to do with the June 29th iphone release), and it can't be done in conjunction with equiptment.
    -I just inked up for a year, saved $250 for doing something I would do anyway when I bought my 760! -Told my wife this is to (help) pay for my new sammy!
    Happy calling...
    Last edited by brassMONKEY; 06-18-2007 at 01:17 AM.

Sounds good the only drawback I can see is that if your contract is up and you reup for a free month, couldn't that affect the promo pricing on the 760 for signing a 2 year contract?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Nope. You can get the discount by resigning up for another two years even if you have just renewed your contract a week earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Nope. You can get the discount by resigning up for another two years even if you have just renewed your contract a week earlier.
    I wish the CS reps would be consistent on that. They said I can't renew my contract to get a new phone until February (because I bought my last phone in Feb 07). Apparently, there has to be a year between contract renewals, for me at least It would be great news if I can get the i760 for promotional pricing before February!

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
    I wish the CS reps would be consistent on that. They said I can't renew my contract to get a new phone until February (because I bought my last phone in Feb 07). Apparently, there has to be a year between contract renewals, for me at least It would be great news if I can get the i760 for promotional pricing before February!
    Maybe I'm wrong on this?

Quote Originally Posted by eleazar View Post
    I believe its actually 10 months if you were on an one-year contract, and 22 months if you were on a two-year contract.
    i760 VZW

I think the difference is that you want to buy a new phone. You usually do have to wait 10 or 22 months between phone purchases. However, if you just renew your contract without getting a new phone, I don't think that counts against the time you have to wait to get a phone.

What this is, is a contract renewal. This has nothuing to do with your equipment NE2. You renew your contract anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew123s View Post
    I think the difference is that you want to buy a new phone. You usually do have to wait 10 or 22 months between phone purchases. However, if you just renew your contract without getting a new phone, I don't think that counts against the time you have to wait to get a phone.
    That was what I was referring to, phone purchases. I know you can renew your contract anytime, but would that affect the ability to receive the NE2 discount ?
    i760 VZW

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallst View Post
    That was what I was referring to, phone purchases. I know you can renew your contract anytime, but would that affect the ability to receive the NE2 discount ?
    NOOOOOOO! Again, If you plan on EVER upgrading and resigning, this is something you can and should do. It has NOOOOO other consequences in regards to equiptment upgrades.

Just my $0.02.

If you are a merits member you should be able to recive upgrade pricing every 12 months (or something like that) for your equipment. Like the others said, you can renew your contract but you will most likely have to have VZW CS rep put in a form to make sure the system updates that you have not actually used it for equipment purchases.

I just went through this when I tested the 700W when it came out in March i think on the NE2, and took then took it back becuase i did not like it. Then I bought my little cousin a phone last month and renewed my contract. I just bought the 700WX a week or so ago and they were very confused about the contract renewals until i pressed the issue and made them read the comments on my account. So it can work, just make sure they notate your account as much as possible. Being nice and patient always helps too.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jlii; 06-22-2007 at 10:35 AM.
    - Jimmie
    Kyocera 6035 -> i700 -> Blackberries -> i730 -> Blackberry Perl -> Treo 700wx -> i730

Definitely sounds like a loyalty offer. Generally these are under the table tools used to guarantee another year of service. ($250 X 11mo = $2750, nice chunk of change, no?) Make sure that when you take advantage of the offer that you make sure the telesales or customer service rep puts notes into the account stating that your upgrade date is XX/XX/XXXX Generally the system will not show the correct NE2 or Equipment Eligiblity Upgrade date to CS or Store reps. Be prepared when you go in to take advantage of your upgrade (hopefully to the i760...if it ever comes out) to tell them the exact date the note was left so they can verify it.

Another good way of getting some good deals / phones is to contact the CMO department and tell them you are wanting to switch carriers to ATT for the iPhone. Believe me, you will get more than a month free, regardless of your upgrade date.