+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61

    Cool My Plan for Getting Rev. A EV-DO in my 760...

    Here is my plan. My company is replacing my V640 with a V740 upon request. It may be in my hand as early as tommorrow. So, my plan is to hook up via laptop at EV-DO Rev. A and then share the connection via Bluetooth with my i760. So, its like having a HUGE 17" Rev. A Wireless Bluetooth Modem for my i760.

    What say you my converged friends?

    Happiness...

    MKJ

    PS - I ordered an i760 this morning through our company's B2B rep and he hasn't called to say it isn't happening yet. If you go way back on the 730 thread, you will see I was one of the people that got one very early. I have my fingers crossed.

  2. #2
    Registered User beaversoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-2005
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    238
    RE the PS:

    Where were you able to place your order? OR is this just a joke that could have been placed in the Rumor thread?

  3. #3
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    Just heard from my guy. Said already past original release date. He is trying to get me a better answer, but has "expectations" for the next few days. We will see.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-19-2005
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by docugod View Post
    Just heard from my guy. Said already past original release date. He is trying to get me a better answer, but has "expectations" for the next few days. We will see.
    Yes, its not out yet. The last rumblings of a date we heard was early july. Even some b2b reps (like mine) knew that date. Since its come and gone, they dont seem to know a date. Thats all I'll say on rumor rumblings beacause we have how many thousands of posts in the i760 rumor threads.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

  5. #5
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    I have been keeping on the release rumor thread, but it cost nothing to try. And its not like I titled my thread...I have an i760 in hand. It was just a foot note to my joke. I wish it had worked. I will keep trying.
    Happiness...
    MKJ

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-28-2007
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by docugod View Post
    Here is my plan. My company is replacing my V640 with a V740 upon request. It may be in my hand as early as tommorrow. So, my plan is to hook up via laptop at EV-DO Rev. A and then share the connection via Bluetooth with my i760. So, its like having a HUGE 17" Rev. A Wireless Bluetooth Modem for my i760.

    What say you my converged friends?
    So let me get this straight. You are going to have your 17" screen/full keyboard laptop with you, powered-up and connected, just so that you can instead use your relatively tiny 2.8" 320x240 screened i760 at a slightly faster speed than you otherwise could by itself? Did I miss that this was a joke?

  7. #7
    I know i am but what are you?
    Join Date
    05-20-2005
    Location
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,445
    what is the V740?

  8. #8
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    Express Card for laptop that does work Rev. A.

  9. #9
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    So let me get this straight. You are going to have your 17" screen/full keyboard laptop with you, powered-up and connected, just so that you can instead use your relatively tiny 2.8" 320x240 screened i760 at a slightly faster speed than you otherwise could by itself? Did I miss that this was a joke?
    Yes, it is a joke.

  10. #10
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    V740 Came today and Rev.A is MUCH Faster.Works great in both of my laptops.

  11. #11
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    what is the V740?
    You planning on breaking a few of those too...
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  12. #12
    Registered User docugod's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2004
    Location
    Clear Lake, TX
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    You planning on breaking a few of those too...
    Mark
    Only the company one, would hate to loose my own.
    Happiness...
    MKJ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts