+ Reply to Thread

Missed call/sms/mms/email reminder.

I'm curious about something. I've been using Smartphones for years, but never really owned any of the Verizon Pocket PC phones for more than 30 days.

Anyways, when the i760 "finally" comes out, I'm curious what app's are out there for Windows Mobile Pocket PC edition to remind you of a missed call/sms/mms/email.

On the Smartphone side there is a wonderful app called Don't Forget, but doing a quick Google search, I couldn't locate any software similar to this for Pocket PC's. So what is out there for Pocket PC's?

Comfortably Converged
    Phone Alarm is IMO the undisputed champ for repeating alarms. There are two new progs SPB Phone Suite and SBSH Phone Weaver that also do the same thing. I have never seen Dont Forget before, looks interesting. I'll try it on my smartphone.

Oppressed Wireless User Geckotek's Avatar
    Don't forget, the differences between Smartphone and PPC are minimal. Most if not all of the software for Smartphone will run on PPC. SOME of the software for PPC will not always run on Smartphone though.

Epic Geek
    I have Phoneweaver currently and it is basically a function profile manager, I did not see any options for repeating the reminders. I use it for power management as I dim the display at night, and turn off ringers, BT etc.

The don't forget seems like a nice little app.

First, all speculation about devices should be in the Rumor thread.

Second we already know that WM6 won't have much better than WM5 in terms of notifications, and PhoneAlarm would be about the best choice, or any other current software for WM5 will most likely make the move to WM6 if it hasn't already....

Quote Originally Posted by sixftunda View Post
    Phone Alarm is IMO the undisputed champ for repeating alarms. There are two new progs SPB Phone Suite and SBSH Phone Weaver that also do the same thing. I have never seen Dont Forget before, looks interesting. I'll try it on my smartphone.
    Ah yes, I forgot all about Phone Alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
    Don't forget, the differences between Smartphone and PPC are minimal. Most if not all of the software for Smartphone will run on PPC. SOME of the software for PPC will not always run on Smartphone though.
    Yeah, I tried to install it on the XV6700 (Owned it for a week, but didn't care for it) and it was a no go. Who knows, maybe the latest edition will install or it'll work with WM6. Sure would be nice as it's such a simple program that has practically no impact on the battery life.

I've used alarmpal for WM5 when I had my i730 and I think it works better with WM6 on my i760. I have not tried to upgrade to WM6.1 yet though so I don't know how it will react with that. Program only cost around $10.95 from PocketGear.com offers mobile applications for download on Windows Mobile Pocket PCs, Palm including the Treo, BlackBerry devices and WM Smartphones..

PhotoContacts Pro 5 has this ability. It places an icon on your Today screen when a call comes in. It 'tags' the icon differently, depending on whether it's an SMS/MMS message, or if it's a phonecall, and whether it was answered or missed. If you have added a pic of the contact sending the call/message - it will show a thumbnail of the pic. I've been using it now for about four days. I love it!