+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Storage Device

Does anyone know about a bluetooth storage device called DAVE? It is similar to a Western Digital (or any other storage unit) about 20/160 Gig. But then again.... do I really need 160 capacity on a i730/i760?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brick View Post
    do I really need 160 capacity on a i730/i760?
    Yes you do.

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brick View Post
    Does anyone know about a bluetooth storage device called DAVE? It is similar to a Western Digital (or any other storage unit) about 20/160 Gig. But then again.... do I really need 160 capacity on a i730/i760?
    Sure you do. How else are you going to play those massive "plays for sure" video files on your svelt new i760, surely you don't want to show off your new 760 tethered to something. LOL!

I know I definately have interest in the 20 - 40 GB arena.

I can't imagine a BT storage device could transfer data quickly enough to be very practical for videos. I'd rather have a "sleeve" (like the old iPaqs) with an extended battery and a 40GB HDD built-in.

I do find irony in the whole situation.
    1. When will you most likely need more than 4 gbs of storage on a phone? Usually to store movies to watch on a long flight (which you could still use a 4gb.) However, you technically can't use wireless devices on a plane (bluetooth, wifi, etc.)...Or
    2. You need that much storage to hold all of your music. Doesn't having to carry two things for a converged device defeat the purpose of a converged device?
    I think the HDD is cool, but when you look at the fact that we will have 8gb micro SD in a year or two, 16gb, 32gb, etc. in the relative near future, a HDD for a phone doesn't make much sense. Now for an UMPC...
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...