+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Now that it is out, how is it?

The subject says it all.... Reviews, features, goodies, (and since this VZW, baddies), bluetooth, etc.

C'mon folks...us have nots want to know what the haves have.

John
    2 things to live by:
    John 8:12a - "I am the light of the world." and
    John 14:1a - "Let not your heart be troubled."

Some questions for i760 owners:

- is the side sliding keyboard conducive for one hand operation?

- the keyboard light on the 730 turns off after 8 secs in phone mode which can be highly annoying. does the 760 have always on feature?

- whats the speakerphone sound quality like?

- my 730 sounds not so great via my motorola BT headset. anyone tried BT with the 760 yet?

waiting for the national launch on 9/24...

Quote Originally Posted by hardball2007 View Post
    Some questions for i760 owners:

- the keyboard light on the 730 turns off after 8 secs in phone mode which can be highly annoying. does the 760 have always on feature?

- my 730 sounds not so great via my motorola BT headset. anyone tried BT with the 760 yet?

waiting for the national launch on 9/24...

Couple answers for you....

The side sliding keyboard is definitely not conducive to one handed operation....which kind of stinks because I have been using a Motorola Q/Q9M for a year or so and I am really accustomed to one handed operation.

I've used BT so far connecting to my Magellan 3140 GPS. So far, no issues.

Haven't used the speakerphone yet.

I'll have to check on the keyboard light and get back to you.

Moto Q9m vs i760

Mbarcus,

How does the Moto Q9m compare to the i760. I realize the obvious, touchscreen vs no touchscreen and so on. What do you think? Also, how are the Send and End keys on the side? Are they annoying? Thanks.

I'd say that it is no worse than the xv6700. Browsing one-handed is a not bad. Typing one-handed requires coordination (hold in groove between thumb and index finger and peck with thumb), but is possible.

Almost. You can set the keyboard backlight to "LCD is turned off", "Not used for 5 sec" or "Not used for 10 sec". The LCD backlight timeout can be set up to 10 minutes.

The keyboard backlight can also be turned off in the daytime (based on time, not a sensor).
    The speakerphone sounds like, well, a speakerphone . Seriously though, it is reasonably clear except at the highest volume, which goes higher than I would need for day-to-day use. It sounds a bit clearer when the slider is open because the speaker is located on the backside of the top slider section (behind the numeric keypad).

Forgot my aliph jawbone at home today, so I'll report back later!

Quote Originally Posted by homestar1 View Post
    Mbarcus,

How does the Moto Q9m compare to the i760. I realize the obvious, touchscreen vs no touchscreen and so on. What do you think? Also, how are the Send and End keys on the side? Are they annoying? Thanks.
    As of right now, the i760 is kind of frustrating because I am so used to doing everything one handed and without using the screen. It's going to take me a while to get used to this....I had grown to like the Q9M (not the old Q's though).

Then send and end keys on the side do feel awkward to me....it isn't annoying, but just awkward. Again, just something to get used to.

So I am so happy with the functionality of the phone. Much nice and smaller then the XV6700 and quicker.

For those that were asking about tethering on this phone...YES YOU CAN. Verizon actually sends you a CD Rom for VZAcess Manager which installs the USB modem and software on your computer. So I guess they expected everyone to want and do this so they help you out.

Besides the fact there is not a tab key on the keyboard it is very easy to use two handed and the typing is easy to get used too!.

Fully activated and have been using mine all day. Seems like the battery is going to be good on this too as I was on the internet for several minutes, text messaging, checking email and talking away for about 4 hours and the battery level only dropped to 85%.

Seems like we definitely have a winner with Verizon on this phone, I am so happy I did not wait to get the XV6800.

I will be taking a video of the phone soon and posting it on here for us showing the different software and abilities. I have a Dave Matthews Band concert to take my wife too so that will be later. I am so hoping there is a Verizon booth at the concert so I can show off my new toy.

Till then...

Size

How is the size of the i760. I have the Moto Q9m. How does it compare to the thinness of the Q? How does it feel in your pocket? Any other info, such as operation. Thanks.

size

That is the best part of the phone is the size...It seems smaller than I was expecting...I really miss the slider on the i730 i was able to type really fast...when text messages come over the screen doesnt light up you have to hit the button on the top..this kinda sucks

Anybody know if the VZ Navigator under Get It Now is available (or will be) on the i760? My wife used it on my son's Chocolate Flip while out of town, and now she doesn't want a phone that doesn't have it. I'll be getting it regardless, but I'm interested in what people are using for GPS with this phone. Anything that gives turn-by-turn spoken directions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgold View Post
    That is the best part of the phone is the size...It seems smaller than I was expecting...I really miss the slider on the i730 i was able to type really fast...when text messages come over the screen doesnt light up you have to hit the button on the top..this kinda sucks
    So far that is my major complaint with this....the only way to turn on the display is either sliding open the keyboard or pressing the button on the top of the phone....very, very annoying. On my Q9M I can press any key and the display will light up.

For those that have it......is anyone having issues with Internet access being intermittent on their phone?

Also, when on calls, the caller sounds very "tinny" to me....no matter what volume level I have them on. Anyone else have this problem?

I feel the same way about the button on the top its sucks...I also agree about the tinny sound..its not that bad though..the size is still the best part

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by NGage View Post
    Anybody know if the VZ Navigator under Get It Now is available (or will be) on the i760? My wife used it on my son's Chocolate Flip while out of town, and now she doesn't want a phone that doesn't have it. I'll be getting it regardless, but I'm interested in what people are using for GPS with this phone. Anything that gives turn-by-turn spoken directions?
    I use Iguidance 4.0 with a BT GPS and plan to use the same setup on the 760.

iGuidance 4 has turn by turn and text to speech for street names etc. It supports WM6 currently.

Ok....I've officially given my i760 the first drop test.

I was jogging across a restaurant parking lot tonight and had the phone in a case that was a little to big for the i760. Of course it flew out face down, the slider popped open on impact and it slid about 3 feet. I have a nice ding on the bottom left corner, but I was expecting MUCH worse (it was a really hard hit!). I got into my car (wife was already in the car) and I was cursing like a sailor. My wife was like, "omg what's wrong"? I told her I dropped my phone on the blacktop and she goes, "you scared me, I thought something was wrong....it's JUST a phone".

I've waited almost a year for this thing...she'll never understand!

Quote Originally Posted by mbarcus View Post

I was jogging across a restaurant parking lot tonight and had the phone in a case that was a little to big for the i760. Of course it flew out face down, the slider popped open on impact and it slid about 3 feet. I have a nice ding on the bottom left corner, but I was expecting MUCH worse (it was a really hard hit!). I got into my car (wife was already in the car) and I was cursing like a sailor. My wife was like, "omg what's wrong"? I told her I dropped my phone on the blacktop and she goes, "you scared me, I thought something was wrong....it's JUST a phone".

DEAR GOD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE WOMEN!

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    Hey, Hey, Hey,

I am a women and as a matter of fact I am also a Grandmother. At my house the roles would be reversed. I love technology and my better half doesn't care one way or the other about it. In my house I'm the one who wanted the big 65" screen tv, and all 3 computers and both cell phones and the HAVA and everything else by the way of technology so don't think all women are like that. Some of us are Geeks of the female variety!!!
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Can someone test T9 out using the front number pad?

Techo-Freak!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarcus View Post

Oh, sommme people. ;]

At least we know the phone is somewhat durable! That's always a plus.

Anyone who has this phone, please post your blogs/photos/videos/everything you have for all of us to see!

I know...all these lucky people who got the phone, only 2 have posted pics. Come on now People!
    i600>XV6600>i730>700W>Mot Q>700wx>i760 Finally!

It never gets easier, You just go Faster - Greg Lemond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast