+ Reply to Thread

VZW Discounts for i760...

Now that the phone is "out"... i'll be looking to head to Verizon in the next few weeks to pick one up. I've seen a lot of talk about discounts for the phone... can we get a full listing in this post?

What i can gather so far:
    $100 NE2 (if eligible)
    $50 MIR

I've heard of some other things mentioned, like $100 for ADP (advanced device program??) or something like that?

Just want to make sure i know all of the discounts i should be getting when i purchase! Thanks

the $100 for the ADD (advanced data device I believe) is for signing up for the unlimited data plan so you should be able to use that too.

Also, you should look into the "Merits Program" which may have an additional $50 discount and I just got something in the mail about the VIP Program which has a $50 discount as well.

Not sure how many of the $50 discounts you can layer on but it's worth trying them all.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

I got 100 for NE2, 100 for ADD, 100 for 2yr contract and mail in 50. Didn't even ask for the Merits.... Ended up 199 + tax
    Jeremiah 29:11

s23
    When I purchased the phone, I wasn't offered the data plan. If I add it on later, will I still be eligible for the ADD discount?

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s23 View Post
    When I purchased the phone, I wasn't offered the data plan. If I add it on later, will I still be eligible for the ADD discount?
    I'm in the same boat that you are. I wasn't offered the data plan nor did I mention any other discounts that might be available. I was just so excited that I was able to order the phone. So I would also like to have an answer to that question.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

Online discount too?

One of the gadget sites, forget which was guessing on a $100 online special.

I'd like that but when I was trying to get the Q9M I found Verizon subbed in my NE2 credit for the $100 online credit.

Anyone else had similar experiences ordering online?
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s23 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Verizon, and what she told me that when I activate my phone to let them know that no data plan was mentioned when i ordered the phone, and that when I choose a data plan I would be able to receive the discount...So when I call and have my phone activated I will be doing just that and then posting on it. So we just have to wait and see.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

According to VZW's website, ADD and NE2 may not be combined.

Advanced Device online discounts for PDAs and Smartphones are only available with the purchase of a new 2-yr agreement on Voice & Data Choice Bundle plans $79.99 or higher. This online discount cannot be combined with New Every Two® discounts.
    That said, it seems that a lot of people have been able to combine the two.

When you purchase online, you have to switch to the $79.99 plan that includes voice and unlimited data. When you buy in-store, you have the option of adding unlimited data as a feature to your voice plan, than switch to a combo plan. My question is, if you bought online, switched to the inclusive $79.99 plan and received ADD; would you then be able to drop data after a couple of months (i.e. switch to pay as you go)? I am getting data just to get the ADD and will then drop it after a couple of months. Will I have any problems doing this if I purchased it online on the $79.99 plan?

The ADD is a 6 month commitment, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    According to VZW's website, ADD and NE2 may not be combined.

That said, it seems that a lot of people have been able to combine the two.
    Hmm, that goes against what I just found on VZW's website, however this was going though my own account so I don't know if it's different from person to person:

Save up to $100 with an Advanced Device Credit!

Receive up to a $100 instant credit off any PDA or BlackBerry device when activating an unlimited data and voice plan $39.99 or greater.

Receive up to a $50 instant credit off any PDA or BlackBerry device when selecting an unlimited data plan or feature.

Both savings require a 2-year agreement (excluding early upgrades). Savings will be reflected at checkout under the "Total Due Today" column.

The Advanced Device Credit cannot be combined with other device/handset discount or credit offers, other than New Every Two and any applicable mail-in rebate.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venatus View Post
    Hmm, that goes against what I just found on VZW's website, however this was going though my own account so I don't know if it's different from person to person:
    Please post the URL for this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Please post the URL for this information.
    This is the URL according to the link:

Advance Credit Device Details

When I go to upgrade my phone/plan, when I get to pick from the available phones there's a blurb about "You may be eligible for an Advanced Device Credit." with a Learn More link underneath. That link is what the above hopefully directs too.

As a follow up the Merit program is toast. I emailed VZW about it and this is what I got back:

Dear xxxxxxx,

I have received your email regarding the Merits Program requirements. My name is Ryan, and I am eager to assist you today.

Unfortunately, the Merits Program was retired as of November 2006. Customers that were enrolled in the Merits Program prior to November 2006 were grandfathered in till November 30, 2007. The Merits Program will be fully retired after that date. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I make it my personal goal to resolve all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Ryan
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service