+ Reply to Thread
    Epic Geek

i760 as a wireless access point.

If anyone has successfully done this or is actively working on it I would love to know.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that someone (maybe Michael and SD) had a tutorial on how to do this on a i730

I could really use this functionality with my PMP.

No, Sarcasmsra was working on it at one point, and I don't think he ever finished it. You might try to reach him and see. But out of the box, no, as this is one reason that Verizon originally disabled WiFi and the Phone radio at the same time on the i730, because they were worried people would find a way to use it as an access point...

You can try "Bluetooth Tethering", which would allow your PMP to connect over bluetooth and they use the connection. Search for that in the i730 and 6700 forums, I know there is a tutorial there for it some place (not written by me).

Has anyone actually been able to get this to work?

Been trying, no dice.

I can get the wifi adhoc setup, etc... I can ping between my laptop & phone, but no luck getting past my phone.

--Chris

Haha, no luck here either.
    It was a lot of fun trying to get it to work, but couldn't get it.
    We thought it would be so funny to go on a road trip and connect to the internet from our laptops in the car.

We got so far as getting connected to the i-760 and could ping it, I believe, but could not get an IP address or ping the internet.

Yeah, same here... I even went so far as to assign an IP to my laptop manually and I also moved the DLL's to the \windows\ directory.. .no luck.

I'm thinking something's missing from the phones.

--Chris

Epic Geek
    no dice for me either.