+ Reply to Thread

EVDO password change?

I was one of the lucky few who got in on Thursday/Friday and ordered a i760. Arrived yesterday and I activated it online this morning. Everything went through great. My number already had data on the line and my receipt acknowledges that I still am on the unlimited data.

*228, option 1, and everything is fine. Phone reset as usual.

Calls go through fine. Calls come in fine. But it won't connect to data. Dials xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzw3g.com, password vzw . But it won't connect---"your username or password is wrong."

Did the password change? Did it not activate my data? For those who received and activated the i760, have you run into this issue?
    Jeremiah 29:11

sofa king we todd did superdave's Avatar
    I had this issue when I reactivated my I730. After an hour of calls I finally talked to one of the guys who run there data network authentication servers. The issue was that my account after activation did not syncc to all the servers. At least that is how he put it, it was on there end though and no reps have access to that system.

,Dave

Try using "verizon" as your password. Works for my phone.

I don't use dashes between the area code, exchange, and number in the configuration for my i730. I'm sorry if I missed a post that there is a new format that uses dashes, but maybe it'd help to try it without dashes?
    -s

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    On the data connection it should be dialing #777
    user name: ##########@vzw3g.com
    password: VZW

You actually dont have to have the password or the username in there. It is programmed into the radio nvm. So no matter what you put it will still work. It is also the reason why without changing the tethering nai you cannot tether without adding the plan to your account. They set the tethering nai to dun.vzw3g.com, changing it to vzw3g.com lets you tether without the plan.

It can take up to an hour for your account to process through, if it does'nt work after that it maybe what I mentioned above.

,Dave

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    You actually dont have to have the password or the username in there. It is programmed into the radio nvm. So no matter what you put it will still work. It is also the reason why without changing the tethering nai you cannot tether without adding the plan to your account. They set the tethering nai to dun.vzw3g.com, changing it to vzw3g.com lets you tether without the plan.

It can take up to an hour for your account to process through, if it does'nt work after that it maybe what I mentioned above.

,Dave
    Where does that get changed? Is it in the registry, or do I need some tool?

Alan

You would need a tool and the phone would need to be in data mode. QPST normally works, but, be careful as you could mess up other settings. It is normally safe, but, without seeing the phone I can't say for sure. Depending on the phone you also may be able to get to it from a built in pst app.

,Dave

mwfielder... quick question.
    Was your i730 still on/connected to data when u activated ur new i760?

So now it works. I had powered off the i730, Q9m when I activated the i760 (it's not my first rodeo!). But I finally called VzW, got bumped to a data tech, and it was reprogrammed in. Now it works fine!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    You would need a tool and the phone would need to be in data mode. QPST normally works, but, be careful as you could mess up other settings. It is normally safe, but, without seeing the phone I can't say for sure. Depending on the phone you also may be able to get to it from a built in pst app.

,Dave
    Thanks.

Alan