• I ordered and got a tracking number, waiting on it

11 5.29%
  • I ordered, but it was canceled

6 2.88%
  • I tried, but I am unlucky enough to have to wait until it's official

140 67.31%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)

OK, so I didn't get my i760 yet but I'd like this thread to remain the sole place for those types of threads. Inevitably when a new device comes out we get lots of threads that are mostly 'I got my new phone' but not much else. I will be actively merging any new threads I find that are mostly 'I just got my i760' threads into this one if people don't post into this thread. We will keep it as a sticky till those types of posts die down.

When I get my i760, this will be where I'll be expressing my happiness!

::EDIT::
    Well on wednesday the 17th I was able to 'pre order' my unit from my B2B rep. All this apparently means is she'll take all the info and the order will actually be placed on friday morning
    ::END EDIT::

Thanks!
    Last edited by tange1; 10-18-2007 at 07:49 AM.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Epic Geek
    No love here. I was getting the server busy message the night the madness started and didn't think twice about it.

The next morning when I saw what had happened i called my B2B rep, emailed a b2b rep listed here and called CS. None of which resulted in me obtaining one.

I was stoned approaching the gate to Nirvana. Sigh.

depressedVZWuse,

You said:
    I was stoned approaching the gate to Nirvana. Sigh.

Some would suggest this is not a bad outcome, lol.

--BAM

I got negged, as well. I'd be interested to see where the people who got their orders in were located geographically.

Mobile enabled - on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    I got negged, as well. I'd be interested to see where the people who got their orders in were located geographically.
    I would also like to see some "unboxing" pictures. Both to satisfy my craving for more information, but also to verify that anyone actually got one. Not to be a doubter, but I'm seeing many "I got one!" posts on various forums, but no pictures to validate.
    YOU can't get there from here...but I can!

Quote Originally Posted by mace2k View Post
    I would also like to see some "unboxing" pictures. Both to satisfy my craving for more information, but also to verify that anyone actually got one. Not to be a doubter, but I'm seeing many "I got one!" posts on various forums, but no pictures to validate.
    I took some Saturday morning... I guess I didn't post mine here, to but I did at Hofo...

Mobile enabled - on the road
    Thanks cybrwulf! I never doubted you or some other long-time posters here...just a little leary to believe some of the newer posters who seemed to have climbed onto the "me too!" bandwagon.

Please continue to let us know your opinions on it.
    YOU can't get there from here...but I can!

I got mine too....no pics (camera at home, but I'm at work) --- you're going to have to take my word on it. Still loading stuff on it and getting to see how it works. Need a charger cable for the cradle, screen protector, etc...

I ordered it from Jeff Dove on Friday the 14th, arrived Saturday the 15th... I am in Arlington, TX
    Jeremiah 29:11

My daughter reports that my verizon box just arrived at home. I will unbox and report in later tonight pst

Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    I got mine too....no pics (camera at home, but I'm at work) --- you're going to have to take my word on it. Still loading stuff on it and getting to see how it works. Need a charger cable for the cradle, screen protector, etc...

I ordered it from Jeff Dove on Friday the 14th, arrived Saturday the 15th... I am in Arlington, TX
    Looks like you need to update your PDAPhone listing in your profile; it still shows only the Moto Q 9m.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Here are some pictures so you can get an idea of the size. I've posted this before when I played with the samsung reps i760, this phone is HUGE!! The difference between it and the i730 is minimal. It does feel "better" in your hand, but still feels like a freakin brick in your pocket!

I will be playing with for the next few hours, so feel free to ask away if anyone would like to know anything specific...

note to mods... I wasnt sure if I should post here or in the "now that it's out how is it..." thread. Might be a good idea to combine the two!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-dsc00013.jpg   The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-dsc00014.jpg   The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-dsc00015.jpg   The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-dsc00019.jpg   The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-dsc00018.jpg  

It's Here

I just got home and am charging the batteries. It fits in my 700W case but it deserves a new case to call it's own.

I like the hand feel and layout. I live in one of the few dead zones in Los Angeles and will drive down the hill later to activate it and put it through the paces.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "I just got my i760!" Thread (post here if you just got yours)-i760.jpg  

Thanks for the pic atomu! Any chance you could turn the two on their sides and snap a picture? Thanks!

Newbie in training
    BrassMonkey,
    Great photos! Can you or someone else show the extended battery thickness in a photo with the i730?

-Jason

Searching for John Galt lynnpreston's Avatar
    Ordered mine Friday and got mine yesterday morning. So far, I've only had to hard-reset to factory settings once The i760 extended battery is only maybe 1/8 of an inch thicker than the standard i760 battery.
    Regards,
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by TallJason View Post
    BrassMonkey,
    Great photos! Can you or someone else show the extended battery thickness in a photo with the i730?

-Jason
    i second that request!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post
    Ordered mine Friday and got mine yesterday morning. So far, I've only had to hard-reset to factory settings once The i760 extended battery is only maybe 1/8 of an inch thicker than the standard i760 battery.
    Why would you have to hard reset the phone so soon?

Searching for John Galt lynnpreston's Avatar
    I couldn't get the camera app to open. It would start to open, the loading screen would come up, then it would disappear. Tried resetting, but still no luck. I hard reset and it started working again. As I installed the only two apps I have on the phone (Flexmail and Stowawa Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard drivers), I found out that the Stowaway mouse drivers were breaking the camera app if I put the mouse pointer in "Enhanced" mode. I have to set the Stowaway mouse driver to use the "standard" mouse pointer. Bizzare, but it's a lesson learned.
    Regards,
    Lynn

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    I ordered mine on Thursday and got it today. Fedx lost it and of course that frightened me a little (actually a lot), but then they found it so it was one day late, but the baby (i760) is in my hands now. So you can put me in the "I ordered and received my i760" and take me out of the "I ordered and got a tracking number, waiting on it" part of the poll.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

Where did you order it from ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast