+ Reply to Thread

unl mb 800txt-$20

Anyone have any idea whether, I will be able to keep this discontinued feature on a new i760?
    Rick

If you are just getting a new phone, then it shouldn't change. However, if you try to drop it so you can get the ADD, then you probably would lose it. Of course, what you have is a far better value than the ADD.

If you have a plan that isn't offered, or a feature that is no longer offered, and you renew your contract, Verizon, by design, has to rebuild your account, and if the features no longer exist, you loose your features.

For those that haven't had a PDA Phone, keep in mind that features available for a non-PDA phone might not be available for a PDA Phone.

Your best bet if you have a plan or features you want to keep, and it's for a PDA phone, to not renew a contract, but instead purchase the phone for full retail price, and then do an ESN swap online or with a quick call. By purchasing the phone outright, you don't have to worry about a contract renewal, and you keep your existing plan.

That is what I was a afraid of. What about this strategy. My wife's phone is the primary and she is the one who able to upgrade for the lower price. I purchase the phone without data and then switch the phone onto my line, do you think that would work? She will be the one on the contract.
    Rick

Is that the PDATP plan I read about like 4 months ago? I thought they audited all the accounts with it on them.

Lucky bum, I want 20$ data on my treo

I'm doing something similar since my line is also a secondary.

I'm going to renew the Primary line to get NE2 and the Sammy i760. Then I won't activate it on the Primary, but swap it directly with my XV6700 via the ESN changer.

Thanks to Verizon's grandfather policy, none of the accounts were actually audited and this plan has saved me almost the remaining balance on the phone after rebates and discounts.

I do regularly go over the 800 txt allowance by 50-100 tho, but they'll have to pry this plan from my cold dead fingers.

Having this plan over the $45.99 plan pays for the retail price of the i760 ($519) over a 20 month period. So definitely makes sense to pay retail then renew the contract and lose the plan.
    Last edited by sc32valve; 09-18-2007 at 11:59 AM.

I get the data plan for $40/month (combined with voice). Point being, that puts recovery of full retail at 26 months, at which point you may have already purchased a new phone. For me, my $80/month includes free 2k TXT, which they may not be able to add on when I renew. I only use 5-10 TXT/month, so that's not an issue. Obviously it would be a possible added cost for you.