+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures

Here are the pictures of the belt clip that I bought when I got the phone.

It seems like it is pretty sturdy, guess the only problem is that I don't like that the screen is facing outwards. Definitely will be purchasing some screen protectors before I use this!!!

I also got my car charger but they all look the same so I did not take a picture of that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-cimg1441.jpg   Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-cimg1442.jpg   Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-cimg1444.jpg   Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-cimg1445.jpg  

so the phone doesnt come with any sort of casing?
    You poke it, you own it.

No the phone does not come with any sort of case at all. And I just broke my brand new clip. Tried to turn it on my belt and the clip broke!!!!

Unbelievable...at least the phone is ok!!!!

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Maybe it broke becuse you had the phone facing out when it should be facing in like all the other clips work?

Don't take this the wrong way but It looks like it would fit in either way screen in or out like some of the other cases I have seen. From your description it seems that is not the case.

I guess i may end up just going with a screen protector and no case on this one. Thanks for the pics. Any thoughts on what screen protector your going to pick up. I am leaning towards boxwave.
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post
    Here are the pictures of the belt clip that I bought when I got the phone.

It seems like it is pretty sturdy, guess the only problem is that I don't like that the screen is facing outwards. Definitely will be purchasing some screen protectors before I use this!!!

I also got my car charger but they all look the same so I did not take a picture of that.
    This looks exactly like the cheap plastic one that came w/ the i730...
    So now they charge probably 30 dollars for the 3 cent piece of plastic they gave away in the past? Gota love verizon.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

No the phone does not come with any sort of case at all. And I just broke my brand new clip. Tried to turn it on my belt and the clip broke!!!!

That is the second report I've seen of this belt clip breaking on first use. (don't recall the thread of the other one). Not very confidence inspiring.

Trust me the phone only goes into the clip one way...just like it is photographed. The reason the phone clip broke is that the plastic holders are about 3mm thick. You would think with a $500 phone the case would be better.

Oh well just called Verizon and I will be returning it to get a replacement.

Thanks for the info. Without screen protection it won't help me so you have just saved me $20-30 bucks!
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

The screen faces outward? What kind of crap is that? Do they want you to destroy the screen?

I don't know about you guys, but the battery of my i730 had small dents, scratches, fading paint, etc. I can only imagine what the screen would look like if it was exposed all the time...

I thought someone in the rumor thread had indicated it was supposed to come with a leather case. Guess that's why the post was in the rumor thread, huh?

It really stinks that VZW is going to nickel and dime us on such an expensive phone.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

E-B Cases here I come

Don't know if EB has one for the i760 yet but I have used their leather case and Quick Draw swivel belt clip for my Axim X5 for years and have really been happy with it. You just quick release the case from the clip and fold up the protective leather flap to use the PDA. IMHO $30 to Verizon for that cheap plastic holster is a waste of money now that I've seen the pictures.

What's the big circular hole at the top for?

This is a bummer. I dremeled off the belt clip mount on my i730 holster and it became a perfect snap-on cover for carrying the phone in my pocket.

So you're sure you can't reverse this to protect the screen?

The big hole in the back of the holster is for the camera lens...you know in case you want a real close up picture of your belt when carrying it.

And there is no other way the phone goes into the case....the screen has to face outwards

Bummer.

Do none of these companies realize that people want to carry these things (which used to be called "Pocket" PCs...) in their pockets?

Don't put it in your mouth, it probably was made in China and has lead in it instead of steel parts.

Quote Originally Posted by beaversoc View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but It looks like it would fit in either way screen in or out like some of the other cases I have seen. From your description it seems that is not the case.

I guess i may end up just going with a screen protector and no case on this one. Thanks for the pics. Any thoughts on what screen protector your going to pick up. I am leaning towards boxwave.
    I am trying to figure that one out as well. I need to get a screen protector ASAP. I am trying to be super careful so I don't scratch the screen and have to live with that for two years. Boxwave does not list one for the I760 on the site...I am not sure if there are other models with the same exact screen dimensions. I emailed their sales department - I will let you know what they say (probably something like "that phone is not available yet").

It is the same size screen as the i730 so that protector should work.

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    It is the same size screen as the i730 so that protector should work.
    Cool...thank you!

OK...so my belt clip lasted five days. Luckily the phone was not in it at the time. I was taking it off my belt and SNAP!...the clip came right off the phone. It actually broke the plastic around the pin. So after getting really upset for paying for this clip for five days of use, I discovered I could convert it into a nice holster for my car:

"When life you gives you lemons, make lemonade...and then find someone who's life is giving them Vodka..."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-i760-holster-1.jpg   Verizon Belt Clip - Pictures-i760-holster-2.jpg