+ Reply to Thread
    s23

OFFICIAL: Verizon Recalled my i760 shipment

Well I tracked my package and it seems that Verizon requested for my i760 to be shipped back.
    Last edited by s23; 09-17-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s23 View Post
    Well I tracked my package and it seems that Verizon requested for my i760 to be shipped back.
    that's horrible, you should call verizon and find out why.

That's incredible. VZW is bunch of bozo's

Good luck at them getting mine back.

You know if you think about it, if they go through the trouble of asking for the package back, maybe its not coming out on the 24th after all... Seems like it would be a waste.

s23
    I"m on the phone with Verizon right now, trying whatever to get this return cancelled.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asianpersuasion View Post
    that's horrible, you should call verizon and find out why.

You’re kidding right?

It's called back because it wasn't suppose to be orderable to begin with.

Hopefully the "Can You Hear Me Now" Guy doesn't show up at my door trying to repossess mine!

Did your payment go through? What did you find out?

s23
    The guy who authorized the recall has not called me back yet. My credit card has been billed but no refund. I gave the manager a mouth full yesterday. He was constantly telling me the phone wasn't in stock. This is completely bogus since they SENT me the phone and recalled it.

Quote Originally Posted by s23 View Post
    The guy who authorized the recall has not called me back yet. My credit card has been billed but no refund. I gave the manager a mouth full yesterday. He was constantly telling me the phone wasn't in stock. This is completely bogus since they SENT me the phone and recalled it.
    I'd immediately call the credit card company and dispute the charge.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Fully Converged
    They can't have mine back either... I've had it for almost a week now...
    XV6900 Custom WM6.1, 8GB microSDHC
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

iProb8,

Disputing the charge seems to be the least of it.

As an attorney, wouldn't you agree that once full payment is tendered and the shipment is turned over to a common carrier, title has passed? Thus, VZW no longer owns the product!

Attempting to "retrieve" the package in this way seems like a big no no.

--BAM
    Last edited by KBAM; 09-19-2007 at 05:42 AM.

As usual, I'm going to give my little caveat: My area of practice is probate law, which is a far cry from commercial transactions. Also, what I'm about to say is not intended to be legal advice to anyone in particular and no one should rely upon anything I'm about to say. Nothing in this post should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. (Okay, you all get the point....)

The transaction is most likely governed by the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted either in the customer or VZW's corporate HQ. (Although the UCC is supposed to be "uniform" in all the states that adopt it, states can, and often do, put their own little "tweaks" in supposedly "uniform" laws.) It's been probably 15 years since I dealt with the UCC so I'm not even going to attempt to guess what the UCC might say. However, I will say that my gut impression is the same as yours, BAM. If our guts are right, the customer might have claims for both breach of contract and, possibly, conversion (known in the criminal context as theft).

Notwithstanding any claims the customer might have, the one thing you learn early on in private practice is that often times the cost of litigation exceed the amount in controversy. In this case, we're talking about--at most--a $500 phone. If an attorney were to be involved, the attorneys' fees would be substantially greater than the $500. This is precisely why I suggested disputing the charge with the credit card company--it is probably the most expedient and efficient way of dealing with the issue. It might not get the customer the i760, but, at least, the customer won't be charged for the cost of the phone.

So, despite being "in the right," the customer might be best off in the long run just disputing the charge with the credit card company.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

One thing here, was you card actually charged (the transaction is visible in your account history) or was the charge only encumbered (the money isn't available, but no charge is visible in your account history). Many companies now only encumber your account until delivery is confirmed, and then complete the transaction. If this is the case, you have no legal leg to stand on, as the money has not been taken by VZW yet, it's just "reserved" for them by your bank.