Closed Thread

Heard it was released and want i760, read this...

The original information will be left for archive, but the i760 was officially released for order on Oct 19, 2007 for Internet and Tele Sales, and the in-store release will be November 2, 2007.

So if you want an SCH-i760, you can now order online or via telephone, and on/after November 2, 2007, you will be able to purchase at the store.

=======================================

No this isn't some magical way to get an i760. This is for those users that haven't been around, heard it was out, and keep posting in the i760 Release thread about how to get it.

Here is what happened. Someone at Verizon made the i760 available with a SKU#, price, and stock. This wasn't suppose to happen. Some people were lucky enough to get it ordered, but in the 24+ hours this happened, Verizon freaked out because of the amount of phones ordered, and locked down the SCH-i760 to keep it from being ordered. They removed the SKU# from the system, and made it so people couldn't order it. This happened very quickly and around noon on that fateful day, they locked it down, canceled orders, and stopped the i760 from going on sale.

The i760 is NOT released. It is NOT available for sale. You are UNABLE to order it. Quit calling Verizon, they will tell you the same thing. You can NOT get the i760 yet, they have blocked it from being ordered until it is officially released. When is that? Best guess is either September 24, or the week of the 24th.

You say, but others have it? Big deal, you can't get it, simple as that. I can't get it, simple as that. Some people were lucky enough to get it before they locked down the system, and there have been reports even of people that got it ordered, and didn't get overnight shipping with Saturday Delivery, getting a return requested on the package before it has been delivered, so even some of those people that got a tracking number, they might not get it.

So if you don't have your i760 in your hands, you probably won't get it before it is actually released....
    Last edited by mrailing; 10-19-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Michael!
    Sounds like you definitely put this one to bed! We can only hope that Verizon quits messing around and releases the i760!
    I have to admit that it seems strange that Verizon would drag their heels over a much anticipated device that will clearly be a big seller for them! Go figure corporate structure.......

hey thanx for the info... im dying to get one in my hands... X(

umm shouldn't this thread be closed since the phone now HAS been released and we in fact CAN get our hands on it?

Uh, yeah, but just haven't gotten to it yet...