+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Screen Protectors and Other Accessories

I am not sure about the rules for posting a new thread, but I did a search and did not find a common area for this topic. I received mine yesterday and have quickly realized an immediate need for a screen protector. I am wondering if anyone else who has received theirs has a recommendation on what to use? I have tried Boxwave but they do not have anything listed for the i760 yet. I emailed the sales department, we will see. I am not sure if there are other devices with the same exact screen dimensions that could be used.

Additionally any other accessories that anyone received/used, like/don't like. We know so far the belt clip is not great - several broken already plus the screen faces out when you clip the device in.

GDC

screen protectors

Try Nushield-
    Here's a contact link-if we can get dimensions of screen then they will make them. I have used these for my I730-best out there!!

NuShield: Contact Us

As the screen is 2.8 inches, and there are a LOT of 2.8 inch screen pdas, I'll bet it is a fairly universal item.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Orwig View Post
    As the screen is 2.8 inches, and there are a LOT of 2.8 inch screen pdas, I'll bet it is a fairly universal item.
    mrailing said in another thread it is the same size as the i730 so I ordered one of those to try.

I ordered a C2 from WriteShield--should be here later this week (I ordered one for the i730, but it should fit fine).
    Jeremiah 29:11

has anyone tried a screen protector that was intended for the i730 on the i760? i want to order a couple, but just want to make sure they fit.

As mentioned earlier, the screen size is identical to that of the i730...

I had several screen protectors left from my i730 and when I tried to put them on the i760, they were just a little bit bigger. So all I did was trim a little from the top and side and they work just fine.

Since the USB cable doesn't charge, has anyone asked Boxwave if they're working on a miniSync yet? I don't want to nag Wing if someone's already asked him.
    -s

Just got my C2 from WriteShield/Pocket PC Techs Link I got one made for the i730.

As pokermedic said, I did have to trim a tiny bit (and I mean a tiny bit) from the side and top. But now I have the tightest fit I have ever had from a screen protector. I did leave a little corner so I can get it off when/if I need to!

But it works well after just putting it on. But eventually, these companies will have to shrink it just a bit from the i730 stencil.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Found this...looks like they have some good stuff...anyone ever order from them before?

Samsung i760 Accessories : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.

Quote Originally Posted by 07A3 View Post
    Found this...looks like they have some good stuff...anyone ever order from them before?

Samsung i760 Accessories : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.
    Isn't if funny that their i760 pictures have the HTC Touch's plugin. Nice photoshop job.

Oh, I don't recall if I ever bought anything from this site before. Not saying if they are good or not.
    i760 VZW

Just received my screen protectors from Boxwave. I ordered the i730 models and can confirm that they are just a TINY bit too big both length and width-wise.

I didn't need to trim. I just slipped in underneath the edges and all is good. It was a little bit tricky as the Boxwave protectors are "sticky" on one side.

Ordered a desktop charger and extra battery today...Went to 2 stores and tried with no luck they told me the phone wasn't out yet...then went back to the forms and found the sku # went to the 3rd Verizon store and the lady just put the order through..she thought it was some old phone they didn't have anymore....she said plenty of stock for both...gave her the sku for the phone but it showed no stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgold View Post
    Ordered a desktop charger and extra battery today...Went to 2 stores and tried with no luck they told me the phone wasn't out yet...then went back to the forms and found the sku # went to the 3rd Verizon store and the lady just put the order through..she thought it was some old phone they didn't have anymore....she said plenty of stock for both...gave her the sku for the phone but it showed no stock...
    You have already said that before in another thread, word for word, no reason to cross post like that...

Received my desktop charger today looks much better than the one for the I730...There is a slot on the back for the extra battery to charge the only problem is that it didn't come with an extra wall charger you have to use the one that came with the phone, kinda sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Lostgold View Post
    Received my desktop charger today looks much better than the one for the I730...There is a slot on the back for the extra battery to charge the only problem is that it didn't come with an extra wall charger you have to use the one that came with the phone, kinda sucks....
    That's how the i730 was. The charger with it plugged in to the cradle, if you wanted a travel charger, you had to buy one. Standard for Samsung...

Comfortably Converged
    I headed to the Verizon store today to order a holster, cradle, and car charger with sku numbers in hand. The guy helping me had the "Nothing at Verizon surprises me, I just keep my mouth shut" attitude. He walked to the back for a minute and came out and offered a 5.00 per item discount, my Merits discount ended up being more but I wonder what the 5.00 discount was?

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    That's how the i730 was. The charger with it plugged in to the cradle, if you wanted a travel charger, you had to buy one. Standard for Samsung...
    I understand that the I730 didn't come with an extra charger that is because it came with a desktop charger. The I760 didn't come with a desktop charger so I would assume that it would come complete with a way to charge the phone

Yeah. A wire. One end goes in the wall, the other goes in the phone. Put it on a desk, and it's a desktop charger. Pack it in your luggage, and it's a travel charger.
    -s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast