+ Reply to Thread

I760 and Blackberry Connect

All - This may be a strange question, but my company only supports devices on its Blackberry Enterprise Server. Does anyone anticipate integration of this device with the Blackberry Connect software?
    Last edited by cutty15; 09-19-2007 at 11:00 AM.

In Da Hizzle Fo Shizzle
    If I can get blackberry connect to work on this phone, I know like 10 ppl that would buy it. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

BBConnect for PocketPC and Smartphone

I found this recently. sems.org | Blackberry Connect 4.0 for Windows Mobile is out

I have installed the smartphone version on my PN-820 but have not yet tried to configure it to connect to my BES. (Never had a Blackberry so not sure how to go about configuring it....)

Has anyone seen it and been able to use it on any Verizon WinMobile phone?

I plan to play with this once I have mine.

As I understand it, BBC can be blocked by Samsung, Verizon, and RIM. That's before I even get to the point of asking to put a personal device on the corporate network.

All indications are that the VZW firewall permits it if you don't have a BB data plan. Samsung likely did nothing. The next issue is whether RIM lets you activate.
    -s

Thanks for the info guys. I am extremely interested in what is found out about this. I have a BB now on Notes but really want to go back to a WM device.

Fully Converged
    You have to be able to add Blackberry Provisioning to your line. Which from what i have seen so far is not possible without actually having a BB on the line. Although i have heard that VZW has offered it in the past for a very large national account...
    XV6900 Custom WM6.1, 8GB microSDHC
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

lottoj,

I'm very interested if you've tried hooking your i760 to a BES server using BB Connect 4.0? I would like to do this too.

Thanks.

Anyone try BB connect on Verizon yet?

I call VW and asked. They said they can give me BB access for an additional $15 per month. I installed BB Connect version 4.0 on the I760. When I soft reset, the BB Connect software starts up but quickly disconnects and shuts down right after the radio finds a tower.

Has anyone else tried this yet? I would love to get hooked up to our BES.

I had the same problem getting as you getting to work on my phone. And I had to hard reset even after an uninstall because the phone was acting very weird. I have a feeling it's more than just having the correct plan, I think the software may need to be taylored a bit to the device it's running on.

Any updates on this? I have the i760 using Exchange and IMAP. My work only supports BB for email. I'd rather not have to carry around a second phone...
    Managing Director
    HyTek Hosting, LLC
    www.hytekhosting.com

bump......
    Managing Director
    HyTek Hosting, LLC
    www.hytekhosting.com

"WM2003SE fanatic..." RedBaronK's Avatar
    oh man i need this to work too....otherwise i am going to running around with a blackberry and a i760 and my belt is going to look like batman's utility belt.
    Mr. Belding's on speed dial #3, right after Screech.

Well, I guess I'm no better either. I tried installing BlackBerry connect 4.0 and it bricked my device. It won't even start in safe mode. Thank god I made a backup. I restored from backup and tried to install BlackBerry Connect and had the same result...... Brick!! It installs but it the software says to run for the first time it needs to do a soft reset. Once it comes back it sits at the Green Windows 6.1 screen

Sucks to be me.

Its been seven months and I have been running around with an i760 and Blackberry. Why oh why can't they make this work?
    Managing Director
    HyTek Hosting, LLC
    www.hytekhosting.com