+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Before getting a "lightly used" i760....

Make sure that your area has been rolled out!

I bought one from someone who didn't like it, and Verizon will not activate it because NYC hasn't been "rolled out". Save your money....

I reeeeaaally hate Verizon. Too bad my wife loves em.

-BINNER with an unusable i760

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    lol....

Oh man that's got to be the worst!

Sorry to hear it BINNER.

Did you try doing the ESN change using VZW web site?

Mark

Gonna try that tonight....
    But I doubt it'll work....

-BINNER

Hmmm... mine activated online without issue... As long as your not changing plans, and had a data plan previously, it should work. I know sometimes when using the ESN changer in the past you have to try it a few times before it will go through.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    Hmmm... mine activated online without issue... As long as your not changing plans, and had a data plan previously, it should work. I know sometimes when using the ESN changer in the past you have to try it a few times before it will go through.

Also make sure you turn off your other device before you make the ESN change.

Going from an i730 so thats not an issue. I had a CS rep and a tech support guy try and do it, with no luck...

-BINNER

EDIT: I pulled the battery on the i730

Has anyone reading this had luck activating their PDA in the Northeast?

-BINNER

Yes, Pittsburgh PA here, called to activate and they did it with no problems. Works like a charm, actually the EVDO is quicker than my 700wx...

OK..how bout a little more NE...like between Atlantic city NJ and Boston?

-BINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Yes, Pittsburgh PA here, called to activate and they did it with no problems. Works like a charm, actually the EVDO is quicker than my 700wx...
    Yup, learned last week that Pittsburgh is not considered Northeast for Verizon regions. Go figure!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

Quote Originally Posted by BINNER View Post
    OK..how bout a little more NE...like between Atlantic city NJ and Boston?

-BINNER
    Can't comment about that far north (I'm in southern Virginia), but remember my earlier post? My VZW guy warned me that if I managed to score an i760 last week (I didn't ), I might not be able to activate it. He looked up some web site that lists 'activatable' phones and their codes, and the i760 wasn't listed.

I have no idea whether this applies to on-line activation or not... but I wonder???

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanda View Post
    Can't comment about that far north (I'm in southern Virginia), but remember my earlier post? My VZW guy warned me that if I managed to score an i760 last week (I didn't ), I might not be able to activate it. He looked up some web site that lists 'activatable' phones and their codes, and the i760 wasn't listed.

I have no idea whether this applies to on-line activation or not... but I wonder???
    I'm in Northern VA, and I was unable to find a rep who could order it. It's funny that they all insisted that VZW doesn't do regional rollouts, but it's beyond dispute that they do. This just proves that.

Sorry BINNER.

Gonna try online shortly...Will report back.

-BINNER

Damn...

Can't attempt wthout:

Enter the 12-digit Order Number and 7-digit Location Code

Will see if person who sold it to me will give it to me.

-BINNER

There should be an option to change the ESN, not activate a new phone. Keep looking around in the Control Panel. I think you are on the Activating a new phone, but what you want is changing an ESN for equipment you already own...

No luck. Maybe I need to use my home location code with my phone number...GRRRRR...

-BINNER

Once again, you were right Mrailing...however under "existing or replacement equiptment"....:

Your request failed and cannot be completed online. Please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 to activate your equipment.

-BINNER

You might need to change your sig line to "Bummer" for a while.
    Rod

i activated my i760 in Michigan. I got the phone and before i activated it with the activation phone number they provide, i called customer service to ask about the unlimited data $100 credit. they gave me the Advance Data Device credit and then activated my i760 without a problem.

BINNER, occasionally, from what I have been told, when a phone is sold with a contract, it can be locked to that contract until it's authorized through the system, and then it can be moved over. The last time I got a replacement for my i730, they sent me through the "new activation sequence" and mine didn't work. When I called in, they had to "authorize" the phone to be allowed to swapped in, and then they did an ESN swap on it. But before that, I got similar messages to what you are getting, and it wouldn't activate even with the codes they provided. They essentially had to unlock the ESN on the system.

If the person you purchased it from activates it on their account first, then it will probably become an active ESN number within 24 hours, and at that point you will probably be able to do an ESN swap as soon as they swap back to the phone they are using. If they have done that already, then it's probably your market, and you are screwed until it is "official".