+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525

    Preorder 8GB MicroSD Cards..

    Yea I know the site is from the UK but I thought I'd post it anyways. You can preorder 8GB Micro SDHC Cards and get 6GB MicroSD Cards as well.


    Micro Secure Digital HC (microSDHC) Cards - Mobile Accessories


    SanDisk 6GB Micro SD (SDHC) Card £36.99 - MyMemory


    Maybe the 8GB ones are coming out in Europe sooner than they would in the US, but who ever wants to get one can ask them how soon they'll be available via pre-order. Whatever you find please let us know what they say.




    Other places to get the 6GB MicroSD Card:


    SanDisk 6GB Micro SD HC/ Transflash Card + adapter plus Micro Mate Card Reader : MICRO SD / TRANSFLASH : memorybits.co.uk



    The Original List of Places I Saw For both 6GB and 8GB MicroSDs:

    Maximum Capacity MicroSDHC - xda-developers


    I'm not going to be getting one for a while, but I thought I'd let others who may want to get it check it out.
    Last edited by Dominick_7; 09-21-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    I almost pulled the trigger on the 6gb card. I guess I'll wait till I actually get the phone. Personally, I'm not sure what I would do with 8gb - 2gb is almost enough now, but I'm sure I could add a few extra movies.

  3. #3
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure what I would do with 8gb - 2gb is almost enough now, but I'm sure I could add a few extra movies.
    Load up lots and lots of MP3s and movies/tv shows ripped from DVDs.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger on the 6gb card. I guess I'll wait till I actually get the phone. Personally, I'm not sure what I would do with 8gb - 2gb is almost enough now, but I'm sure I could add a few extra movies.

    Ditto on what iprob8 said You could have a GPS program or TWO on there WITH all the maps you need, PLUS the movies, music, pics, or whatever all on one card.


    If anyone does get them please feel free to let us know if they work ok and how much you paid for them. I see there are some discounts available, but others still have To Be Announced on them.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    LOL - I know how to fill it up, I'm just saying that I don't know what I would do with the space. GPS on my phone is overconvergence for me, and I like to mixup my music too much to keep too many songs on there at once (i.e., no more than 150-200 songs). I have a lot of shows, so that would help - I could definitely use more than 2gb, but more than 4gb would be pushing it for me. I'll still probably get it if it works, though - better too much space than too little!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-13-2007
    Posts
    96

    Speaking of Movies

    Ive used WM player to watch a few podcasts but never loaded any movies. What works for watching movies on a i730/i760...

    (i know...wrong thread to be asking)
    www.861.info
    www.freedomtofascism.com

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2006
    Location
    arlington, va
    Posts
    1,117
    That's a huge topic - search for TCPMP and start from there.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brick View Post
    Ive used WM player to watch a few podcasts but never loaded any movies. What works for watching movies on a i730/i760...

    (i know...wrong thread to be asking)

    You want to do a search for 0.72RC1. That's the free version that works really well with the i730. I ASSUME it will work for the i760 as well. You'll need to get all 7 of the codecs for it as well as the youtube flash plugin for full youtube through sqweezer (which requires 2 dlls to get it to work now I believe since youtube blocked it).
    Last edited by Dominick_7; 10-05-2007 at 05:40 AM.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  9. #9
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brick View Post
    Ive used WM player to watch a few podcasts but never loaded any movies. What works for watching movies on a i730/i760...

    (i know...wrong thread to be asking)
    I used Spb's Mobile DVD to rip DVDs and then watch them using Windows Media Player. Worked fine for me. No need for TCMP.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  10. #10
    Registered User BINNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-20-2005
    Posts
    176

    what size/which one?

    I've gotten 2 6GB cards so far. I've never used this format, but I have used plenty of memory cards. Is anyone out there using a 6GB? Do you need to format it for the phone to recognize it? HELPPPP!

    -BINNER

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by BINNER View Post
    I've gotten 2 6GB cards so far. I've never used this format, but I have used plenty of memory cards. Is anyone out there using a 6GB? Do you need to format it for the phone to recognize it? HELPPPP!

    -BINNER

    Someone on here did I believe...I dunno if it was nemanracer or someone else..but I think they had to use this (and or another) SDHC Hack in order to get it to work in their i760 mentioning it could read it but required a firmware upgrade. I'm not sure about your card though. I did a yahoo search for 6GB MicroSD card and it brought me to the forums that were talking about how they got it to work on different devices with different types of cards. When you try and just put it in to see if it worked does nothing happen?


    EDIT: Go to the i730 forum and look at the 8GB SDHC Card thread, in there are several hacks you can try. One is the installable SDHC hack I mentioned, the other has 2 dlls from WM6 for SDHC support. I'd ask nemanracer and or some others who have already got the 6GB MicroSD Card working first though.
    Last edited by Dominick_7; 10-05-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  13. #13
    ...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-03-2005
    Location
    The 801
    Posts
    280
    Dom, thanks for the heads up on this!

    I just ordered the 8 gigger! -It's back ordered, so who knows when it will be here... My 4 gigger is already nearly full (two and a half seasons of the Office, a season of Entourage, and a few full-length flicks add up quick!) so i thought I better do something!

    Tech Depot Technology For Your Business - Product Display

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    Dom, thanks for the heads up on this!

    I just ordered the 8 gigger! -It's back ordered, so who knows when it will be here... My 4 gigger is already nearly full (two and a half seasons of the Office, a season of Entourage, and a few full-length flicks add up quick!) so i thought I better do something!

    Tech Depot Technology For Your Business - Product Display
    No problem man. Wow great price on the card! That's actually right about what I paid for my 8GB SD Card off Ebay, months after they had been out! Good deal man. You know, I've never seen Entourage, but I love both the Office and Ronald Regan Wow you fit all that on there? Curious to know which (if any) DVD converter you used for all of that?
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    LOL - I know how to fill it up, I'm just saying that I don't know what I would do with the space. GPS on my phone is overconvergence for me, and I like to mixup my music too much to keep too many songs on there at once (i.e., no more than 150-200 songs). I have a lot of shows, so that would help - I could definitely use more than 2gb, but more than 4gb would be pushing it for me. I'll still probably get it if it works, though - better too much space than too little!

    Ha ha. You know in order to get my i730 from Best Buy I actually had to trade in my Creative Zen Jukebox (30GB I believe) which I got as a gift, and I hated doing that but I do love my i730. One thing I SO miss with that large capacity was that because I put SO many songs on it, when I put it on shuffle it was like I had my own radio station where I would be surprised as to what would come on because there was such a large selection of songs. Having that many songs on it didn't require any time to mix up songs, taking others off to make more room, because I would just add it all one time (or more if need be) and not worry about the rest. Ideally I would love to get an Archos either 504 or AV500 for videos and music, and then use my i730 for everything else, but if I can max out more room on the SD Card that will never be a bad thing. Like you said, better too much space than too little.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

  16. #16
    ...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-03-2005
    Location
    The 801
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick_7 View Post
    No problem man. Wow great price on the card! That's actually right about what I paid for my 8GB SD Card off Ebay, months after they had been out! Good deal man. You know, I've never seen Entourage, but I love both the Office and Ronald Regan Wow you fit all that on there? Curious to know which (if any) DVD converter you used for all of that?
    The Office is pure comedic genius! Funniest show since Sienfeld was rocking primetime...Mitt Romney is THE next Regan! Its a sad day when the words "Madam President Clinton" are even a possibllity (I'd move to Canada and pretend to like Hockey)
    ...I already had everything converted, its all fairly poor quality -I went for quantity over quality. Anyway, I typically use Super to convert. great program.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-09-2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads (SE Virginia)
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    ...I typically use Super to convert. great program.
    Is "Super" the name of the program? Can you provide any additional info?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominick_7 View Post
    ... I love both the Office and Ronald Regan ...
    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    ...Mitt Romney is THE next Regan!
    The man's name was Ronald Reagan... after 3 years serving on the USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN-76), you better believe that I know how to spell his name (they take that stuff seriously)!

    The funny thing is that you have it spelled correctly in your sig, brassMonkey.
    Last edited by Dzanda; 10-06-2007 at 09:00 AM.

  18. #18
    ...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-03-2005
    Location
    The 801
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanda View Post
    Is "Super" the name of the program? Can you provide any additional info?
    SUPER © .


    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanda View Post
    The man's name was Ronald Reagan... after 3 years serving on the USS RONALD REAGAN (CVN-76), you better believe that I know how to spell his name (they take that stuff seriously)!

    The funny thing is that you have it spelled correctly in your sig, brassMonkey.
    Come on! -It was 3AM dude! ...on a serious note, we dont say it often enough -THANK YOU for your service!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-09-2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads (SE Virginia)
    Posts
    241

    Wow! Cool Program!

    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    SUPER sounds.... super; thanks for the tip! It looks like I'll be using the software once I have my very own i760.
    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    Come on! -It was 3AM dude! ...on a serious note, we dont say it often enough -THANK YOU for your service!
    I trust that you noticed the wink? And thanks for the kind words... after nearly 28 years, I can still say, "It's been my pleasure."

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    The Office is pure comedic genius! Funniest show since Sienfeld was rocking primetime...Mitt Romney is THE next Regan! Its a sad day when the words "Madam President Clinton" are even a possibllity (I'd move to Canada and pretend to like Hockey)
    ...I already had everything converted, its all fairly poor quality -I went for quantity over quality. Anyway, I typically use Super to convert. great program.

    The Office is one of my favorites. I definitely agree w what you also said about Clinton. If you mean Mitt Romney is the next ReAgan I think theyre actually the same exact person...except in their differences in their religions, their backgrounds, their comparisons of consistency in their record, etc.. Nah, I don't really see the resemblance there to Reagan. I actually like Mike (Huckabee) myself and won't settle. Huh? "Poor" quality? How can one have poor quality on such a small screen?
    Last edited by Dominick_7; 10-09-2007 at 04:05 PM.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts