+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I760 Screen Flickers when dims

Having only one problem with the i760 when the screen dims it starts flickering, is anyone else having this problem??? It will not do this all the time but have noticed it since the first day I got the phone.

I have not seen this in the week I have had mine.

my does also...I posted about this problem a while back. it seems to come and go. I also have the problem of windows media player constantly giving me a message to check my media card for media files. I have to go into running programs and make sure I always stop the media player from running in the background.

I heard that's why they pushed the release date. I also heard that those who got their phones early won't be covered under the warranty.

OK, so I'm full of it. I'm just jealous as hell that you guys got yours already!

Having no problems with media player but for sure the screen problem is there but not all the time..

Yep, mine does the same thing (flickers when dimmed). It doesn't do it all the time. I mostly notice it when in a dark room.

It's a minor issue, and I don't find it very bothersome.

Comfortably Converged
    I saw it last night when I was sending a MMS. First and only time so far I have seen it.

Still not seeing it on mine after 2 weeks of heavy use.

Same thing happens to me, screen flickers randomly but never while actually using it, only when it hasn't been touched and it dims itself so it doesn't bother me because I'm not actually using the phone when it happens. And I also have the same issue with the Windows Media player checking the stupid card for new files and never stopping unles I go into task manager and stop the application.

i have the same screen flickering issue.....It only happens when i connect to the EVDO network for the browser or messaging client....
    I wonder if it is a software issue or hardware issue?

Pretty Good Member
    I've noticed it flicker at times, can't remember exactly when, but I don't think it's random, seems to be when something else is going on in the background.

I just returned the one I bought last week for the voice quality now this one has the voice quality issue too and tonight I am not sure what happened but I was looking at the screen and it started flickering. First one I had did not flicker

as I was about to post this from my phone I noticed it flicker lol. usually the only time I see it is when some sort of data transfer is going on. mostly when im downloading stuff.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Correct me if I am worng but dosent usually happen when the key board is opened?

jbh
    Yes, the one time it happened to me my keyboard was open. Hasn't happeend since. I tried flexing the keyboard in different ways and it didn't seem to affect anything. I'm going to hold off getting too worried about it since I figure that will be a clear warranty issue if it comes back.

Yep, mine does this occasionally, too...WHEW I thought it was just me

mine stopped flickering...i dropped my i760 on my kitchen floor (NO DAMAGE) and i noticed i havent had the flickerins since. Probably just a coincidence.

I have the same issue. Seems to be something with the way it handles dimming when keyboard is open. Not sure how/if it can resolved.

My i760 had the flicker problem. Was able to send it in under warranty for a new one. So far, no flicker problem on the replacement. Noticed new one was version 7.10, old was 7.09

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceshot View Post
    My i760 had the flicker problem. Was able to send it in under warranty for a new one. So far, no flicker problem on the replacement. Noticed new one was version 7.10, old was 7.09
    Where are you getting the version number from?