+ Reply to Thread

Screen stays on after missed call?

I have noticed that the screen stays on after I miss a call. It waits for me to click notification and dismiss it before it goes back to sleep mode. How do I change that setting?

Hmm, I don't seem to have that issue. I am running SPB Phone Suite though, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I am also. But, I have not registered it yet. Maybe registration will get that reminder screen off and the problem will go away.

I do have another issue with the spb suite though. The alarm doesn't work once the phone goes into sleep mode. Do you have that same issue or a fix for it?

Thanks.

No problem with that just my screen flickering...

The screen should stay on when there is a pending notification. So the solution is to make a missed call not cause a notification. If Phone Suite is like Phone Alarm, there should be an option that lets you decide what happens when you miss a call. If you've chosen something that sounds like "popup" or "notify" then it is that setting that is causing the notification. Make it so that no popup appears, and the screen will lock after you miss a call. I don't know Phone Suite at all, so this may not be possible. It is in Phone Alarm, but if you don't like Phone Alarm, that doesn't do you any good.
    -s

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    The screen should stay on when there is a pending notification. So the solution is to make a missed call not cause a notification. If Phone Suite is like Phone Alarm, there should be an option that lets you decide what happens when you miss a call. If you've chosen something that sounds like "popup" or "notify" then it is that setting that is causing the notification. Make it so that no popup appears, and the screen will lock after you miss a call. I don't know Phone Suite at all, so this may not be possible. It is in Phone Alarm, but if you don't like Phone Alarm, that doesn't do you any good.
    You should be able to disable the notifications within Settings / Notifications. You dont necessary need phone suite for this [I dont have WM6, so I can show you the exact location].

The phone suite applications are useful because you can setup profiles that will change these settings automatically based on profile.
    i760 VZW

Thanks. That helps me out. It would bring up the notify on the screen in my pocket and then I would be bumping the screen opening all kinds of things without knowing.