+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ring Tones...

Ring Tones...

Hey guys when I would make ringtones for my Raza I use to have to convert them to .mid files can I still use those or do I keep them mp3 or what ever they are when I make them???

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    The OS on the i760 is designed to not allow rap music ring tones. Hopefully this wont be a problem for you........lol

It might be!!! Hey I like everything from Dean & Frank all the way down to Diddy & Notorious B.I.G. so yes it might be a problem

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    It might be!!! Hey I like everything from Dean & Frank all the way down to Diddy & Notorious B.I.G. so yes it might be a problem
    Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra?
    Hey I can see where you at man...........

I'm just kidding witcha.

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar

MP3 Ringtones

I put .mp3 ringtones on my i760. Just dropped them into the ringtone folder in the My Documents folder.
    Hopes this helps.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglebyte View Post
    I put .mp3 ringtones on my i760. Just dropped them into the ringtone folder in the My Documents folder.
    Hopes this helps.
    same idea for alarm/notification alerts. -just drop either .wav or .mp3 in the windows folder.

Ok so I just make a "ringtone" folder and I can pull from that as alarm/notification/ringtone??? It's that simple?
    Oh and brassMonkey I also have 5 series what was different on your idrive bluetooth that you didnt have w/your last phone?

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    Ok so I just make a "ringtone" folder and I can pull from that as alarm/notification/ringtone??? It's that simple?
    Oh and brassMonkey I also have 5 series what was different on your idrive bluetooth that you didnt have w/your last phone?
    yeah, its that simple! once in the "ringtone" folder (or in the "windows" folder for alarms/notifications) the wav/mp3's will show up as an option when selecting the from the phone/sounds and notifications option menus.

...it might be a good idea to address bluetooth in it's own thread, in case there are others bumpin around in those euro-sleds!

Nerd Herd
    i am having issues trying to use my own files as alarm ringers, it seems to always revert back to default

I've loaded a bunch of .wav files that I had on my i-730 onto my i-760. When a call comes in, the first half second or so is much softer (less than half) of the volume and then it gets much louder. Has anyone experienced this? I wasn't sure if it was by design or could be my unit. I have the phone set to vibrate and ring.

yes, this that is what i get on vibe and ring...initial quiet ring then increases to full volume....
    on a slightly related issue, anyone know how to separate the volume for pohne noises (button presses) from the volume for the phone ringer...they both seem tied to the phone volume slider and although i've muted all the device sounds, I can't seem to mute the obnoxious key pad noises...
    JB

Im having the same issue, the mp3 volume is low, then jumps high... it is REALLY annoying and I wonder if it is a setting somewhere that we need to mess with