+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar

i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!

Just received my shipment of accessories. I purchased the "Desktop Charger" for $39.99, the "Holster" for $19.99 and the "Vehicle Charger" for $29.99.

I must say I am VERY disappointed with the crap Samsung/Verizon is selling!!

First, as has been reported before, the clip on the holster broke. -Despite being packed well with two "air pillows", mine was broken during shipping! Complete and total crap!

The "Desktop Charger" should be named "Travel Charger Accessory" because it doesn't come with any actual charging cables! All it comes with is a data cable that can only be used through the cradle. If you want it to charge, you have to use your "travel charger" cable that came with the phone and plug it into the cradle. $39.99 and they couldnt even give you a way to charge the freakin phone!? -I like to have the cradle sync and charge at my office and the other charger at home, so this really pisses me off!

The car charger works fine...so far.

-Their stuff is not very well thought out and seems to break ridiculously easy! Has anyone purchased a holster that has NOT broke? -And dont even get me started on the data cable that came with the phone, NOT charging!? rubbish.
    Last edited by brassMONKEY; 09-28-2007 at 06:32 PM.

here are some pics of the i760 accessories.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!-0927071742c.jpg   i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!-0927071743c.jpg   i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!-0927071744a.jpg   i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!-0927071753c.jpg   i760 Accessories Reviews and Pics!!-0927071753g.jpg  

Comfortably Converged
    I think that this cradle is better than the cradle they had for the 730 but thats just my first impression. I prefer the phone to be straighter because it sits on my nightstand with SPB Time on.

Yes, except for the extra plug as mentioned I like the cradle - although it's wierd to move the cover for the connection on the phone....

-BINNER

Comfortably Converged
    Yes, I think once the newness wears off I will end up tearing that cover off the charger connection.

Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    words...

The i760 Belt Holster - YES totally agree - stay away! If it doesn't arrive broken it breaks literally within the first couple of uses, likely causing your phone to drop and sustain damage. Thankfully I tried mine by the couch.

It does suck that the cradle doesn't come with a charger, so your only recourse is to buy another travel charger ($29.99) until the phone's release, afterwards you will surely find the charger for a buck on ebay.

As for the USB cable... I don't know of a single PDA that comes with a charging USB cable. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I've seen a couple dozen different PDA's from Treo to Samsung to HTC.. and NONE of them came with a charging USB cable.

Know why? Because they make more money when you are forced to buy a cradle and/or another charger. This has typically always been an aftermarket accessory, and I'm sure someone will make one.

Now, I bought the cradle and charger, but this was mostly because my company was comping me the accessories If it were me personally I would have a hard time justifying it.. the cradle is a little tricky to get the phone to sit in, you have to kind of set it down on an angle and then swing it back to lock into place in the cradle. On the upside though, it's cool how you can swivel the cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
    As for the USB cable... I don't know of a single PDA that comes with a charging USB cable. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I've seen a couple dozen different PDA's from Treo to Samsung to HTC.. and NONE of them came with a charging USB cable.
    My XV6600 charges through the USB cable. The phone came with the cradle and a USB cable, and it does charge. I use it everyday. The only time you need an additional power cable is if you want to charge the phone AND a spare battery at the same time.

I think it's ridiculous you can't charge the i760 through the USB. What a pain in the a$$.

Just received my shipment of accessories. I purchased the "Desktop Charger" for $39.99, the "Holster" for $19.99 and the "Vehicle Charger" for $29.99.

I must say I am VERY disappointed with the crap Samsung/Verizon is selling!!

First, as has been reported before, the clip on the holster broke. -Despite being packed well with two "air pillows", mine was broken during shipping! Complete and total crap!

The "Desktop Charger" should be named "Travel Charger Accessory" because it doesn't come with any actual charging cables! All it comes with is a data cable that can only be used through the cradle. If you want it to charge, you have to use your "travel charger" cable that came with the phone and plug it into the cradle. $39.99 and they couldnt even give you a way to charge the freakin phone!? -I like to have the cradle sync and charge at my office and the other charger at home, so this really pisses me off!

The car charger works fine...so far.

-Their stuff is not very well thought out and seems to break ridiculously easy! Has anyone purchased a holster that has NOT broke? -And dont even get me started on the data cable that came with the phone, NOT charging!? rubbish.
    Yep...holster sucks and is a major waste of money. I was able to get mine to last 5 days being VERY careful with it (so as not to send the phone flying in it - with the screen facing out). It did become a pretty handy holder in my car though once I took the Dremel to the remaining part of the clip.

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by sixftunda View Post
    I think that this cradle is better than the cradle they had for the 730 but thats just my first impression. I prefer the phone to be straighter because it sits on my nightstand with SPB Time on.
    Looks like my I600 Cradle

Brass, where did you order the accessories?

Comfortably Converged
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Looks like my I600 Cradle
    You are correct Dangerous. The style of it is very much like the old i600 holster.

Brass, where did you order the accessories?
    from customer service. You will need the SKU's and your merits number (saves ya 25%)! Here are the SKUS:

SAMI760VPC -VEHICLE POWER CHARGER
    SAMI760HOL -HOLSTER
    SAMI760DTC -DESKTOP CRADLE
    SAMI760BAT -REG BATTERY
    SAMI760BATX -EXTENDED BATTERY
    SAMI760TVL -TRAVEL CHARGER
    SAMI760STL -STYLUS

Stay away from the POS holster and dont plan on the desktop charger actually charging without the travel charger!

you must use the skus to order it took me 3 verizon stores to figure it out.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    from customer service. You will need the SKU's and your merits number (saves ya 25%)! Here are the SKUS:

SAMI760HOL -HOLSTER
    SAMI760BAT -REG BATTERY
    SAMI760STL -STYLUS

Stay away from the POS holster and dont plan on the desktop charger actually charging without the travel charger!

MRailing could you but these SKU's in a sticky please?

GDC

Ordering cradle & Charger

I have called 3 times trying to order the cradle and travel charger using the sku#'s here-they can't find it. Did you call customer service or is there something different I should do?

Thanks Brass,
    I ordered the following today
    the Vehicle PC
    THE Holster (even though you said it was crap,
    the Desktop Cradle,
    Travel Charger

SAMI760HOL -HOLSTER
    SAMI760BAT -REG BATTERY
    SAMI760STL -STYLUS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    MRailing could you but these SKU's in a sticky please?
    It's in the FAQ, did that earlier today when you asked.

The Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
    The i760 Belt Holster - YES totally agree - stay away! If it doesn't arrive broken it breaks literally within the first couple of uses, likely causing your phone to drop and sustain damage. Thankfully I tried mine by the couch.

It does suck that the cradle doesn't come with a charger, so your only recourse is to buy another travel charger ($29.99) until the phone's release, afterwards you will surely find the charger for a buck on ebay.

Know why? Because they make more money when you are forced to buy a cradle and/or another charger. This has typically always been an aftermarket accessory, and I'm sure someone will make one.

Now, I bought the cradle and charger, but this was mostly because my company was comping me the accessories If it were me personally I would have a hard time justifying it.. the cradle is a little tricky to get the phone to sit in, you have to kind of set it down on an angle and then swing it back to lock into place in the cradle. On the upside though, it's cool how you can swivel the cradle.

The only one I know of is the 6800, it came with a desktop cradle and a USB cable that you could plug directly into the phone and it would charge as well.

JC

Thanks Brass,
    I ordered the following today
    the Vehicle PC
    THE Holster (even though you said it was crap,
    the Desktop Cradle,
    Travel Charger
    based on EVERYONE who has purchased it, the holster will either A. be broken when it arrives or B. break after a use or two. good luck with that!

...I just ordered another travel charger and anther cradle... I have to admit I kinda dig that swivel action on the cradle! -Now I will be able to charge at home and at work. the fact i havent had to do this until now shows how improved the battery is!!

SAMI760HOL -HOLSTER
    SAMI760BAT -REG BATTERY
    SAMI760STL -STYLUS

I called telesales yesterday (New Mexico call center) to order accessories, the rep processed the order and then asked me to hold on. She came back on the line and said that my account was flagged and that she could not complete the order for me. When I pressed her on the issue she brought her supervisor on the line who said that VZW had placed a notation on my account referencing that I had obtained the phone outside of normal channels and that it was not supported until there was a general release of the phone. After a brief tirade that lead nowhere I hung up and drove down the block to my local vzw company store in Encino, CA. I showed the phone around to the reps and manager who all stood around laughing as they received an email memo alerting them to the fact that there was a "security" breakdown in their ordering system and numerous customers obtained telephones that were not properly tested for release. After we all had a good laugh over that, the manager opened my account, cleared the flag which was a notation in the notes field and ordered the accessories for me with my b2b discount (25%). I should have them either this afternoon or at the latest Monday.

I also ordered from thepocketsolution.com but their accessories are not due in until the end of next week even though the site says in stock. I guess that vzw is handling their inventory control as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast