+ Reply to Thread

Dumb Home Screen Question

I know this maybe a stupid question (remember I never had a PDA Phone) but on the Home Screen can you change your background pictures? Is there different Themes (what are they) and/or is it like a reg. phone where you can use one of your own pictures as a background and the Today Screen will be on top of the picture???
    Once again sorry if it's a stupid question..

Oh ya and second this phone doesn't have that vib feedback thing that the new LG's are going to have does it? That sounds pretty cool.. has anyone ever tried that on a phone or is the LG's going to be the first phone that does that?

I'm pretty sure this phone does not have the vibration feedback. LG came out with that in their 2nd version of the chocolate, so that when people would press the touch-sensitive buttons they would have a sort of tactile feedback. The LG xv8800 and lg XV10000 have the vibration feedback for the same reason.

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I know this maybe a stupid question (remember I never had a PDA Phone) but on the Home Screen can you change your background pictures? Is there different Themes (what are they) and/or is it like a reg. phone where you can use one of your own pictures as a background and the Today Screen will be on top of the picture???
    Once again sorry if it's a stupid question..

Oh ya and second this phone doesn't have that vib feedback thing that the new LG's are going to have does it? That sounds pretty cool.. has anyone ever tried that on a phone or is the LG's going to be the first phone that does that?
    Yes you can still use themes with WM6. just google WM6 themes and there are a ton out there.

As far as the vibration feedback deal, I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it seems sort of gimmicky to me and also based on how little spare battery life I have a waste of current.

Is the phone VGA QVGA ? When I searched for themes for WM6 those where the options

Comfortably Converged
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedVZWuse View Post
    Yes you can still use themes with WM6. just google WM6 themes and there are a ton out there.

As far as the vibration feedback deal, I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and it seems sort of gimmicky to me and also based on how little spare battery life I have a waste of current.

I got to handle one of those LG phones with the vibe feedback. The WOW factor was over in about 5 seconds for me. Also the backlight for those buttons made the phone look cheap imo. Reminded me of some 70's or early 80's handheld game.

Epic Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    Is the phone VGA QVGA ? When I searched for themes for WM6 those where the options
    QVGA 240 x 320