+ Reply to Thread

New Phones from Verizon

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site from verizon with a count down to release.

Verizon Wireless:

Didn't know if the i760 was part of this as you can really see the phones.

Quote Originally Posted by jelpesao View Post
    Didn't know if the i760 was part of this as you can really see the phones.
    The link to that page has been posted several times in the i760 rumor thread. The general consensus is that none of the phones pictures is the i760. However, that does not mean that the i760 will not be released tomorrow.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I have bitten my tongue so many times but every time I see this link or one of the other oft re-posted links I just want to scream, "Stop it!...just stop it!"

I do appreciate people sharing and all but so often it is posted within 1 page of the new post. I understand the desire to have the scoop and I have been guilty of posting repeat info in my early days, heck prolly even more recently. don't stop sharing but just try to read the last page of info if you can before posting it.

/Rant

*Maybe I am too obsessed and have read EVERY post in the darn rumor forum.
    Xbox Live PdaPhoneHome.com Leaderboard: Add your gamertag to the new community leaderboard!

Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine 2007 Annual Best of Software Awards Judge.

These look like the Juke, pearl, venus and voyager that were outed two weeks ago. Shoot! I was hoping.
    on the bleeding edge

In case you missed it, today the web page confirms that the phones are (from left to right): Samsung Juke, LG Venus, BlackBerry Pearl, and LG Voyager. However, the phones aren't available yet. If you click on the RSS link at the bottom of the page, you get taken to a page that describes the phones and that states all of them "will be in stores before Thanksgiving."
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

PJE
    I find it quite amusing that the song in the background is some new-age tune with the lyric - I've been waiting for you....

I don't think any of us have been waiting for any of these phones!

Ok lets be honest with each other....there is actually very few PDA users out there in the wild. I would have to guess it would probably only make up about 5-10% of Verizon's and Sprints customers....

I have the i760 and trust me it is wonderful...but the 4 new phones that Verizon had launched are what today's cellphone buyers are looking for. Touch screen navagation, music playback, tv, video the list goes on and on.

Though the i760 has these capabilities you pretty need 3rd party applications in order for it to do it. With the new phones coming out, they are out of the box ready for music, video, VZNavigator ect....

So for us to keep complaining that the i760 is not available is useless to Verizon as we don't make up enough of their profits for us to matter.