+ Reply to Thread

Verizon phone to use between i730 and i760?

For a bunch of reasons, I have to stay with Verizon, but I'm about to get my fourth or fifth i730 as a replacement for another i730 with a dead spot on the touch screen.

I'm now eligible for NE2 replacement, and I very specifically asked Verizon if I can get a phone, use it for up to 30 days, and then return it to either switch to an i760 (which I hope will have a tougher touch screen), or if that still isn't available, go back to the i730 until it is. Answer: "yes".

So, I'm wondering what phone might be fun to try while I'm waiting for Verizon to finally release a WM6 PDA/Phone (hopefully with a durable touch screen).

Suggestions? How about the PN-820 Smartphone? I can't say I like the form factor, stubby antenna and flip, but is it any good?

Thanks,
    -->Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by apailthorp View Post
    For a bunch of reasons, I have to stay with Verizon, but I'm about to get my fourth or fifth i730 as a replacement for another i730 with a dead spot on the touch screen.

I'm now eligible for NE2 replacement, and I very specifically asked Verizon if I can get a phone, use it for up to 30 days, and then return it to either switch to an i760 (which I hope will have a tougher touch screen), or if that still isn't available, go back to the i730 until it is. Answer: "yes".

So, I'm wondering what phone might be fun to try while I'm waiting for Verizon to finally release a WM6 PDA/Phone (hopefully with a durable touch screen).

Suggestions? How about the PN-820 Smartphone? I can't say I like the form factor, stubby antenna and flip, but is it any good?

Thanks,
    -->Aaron
    SuperDave used the 820 for a while and loved it. In fact, if you check out the 820 forum, you can find some tweaks he did there. I would say that would be a good temp phone for (hopefully) the next two weeks.

Comfortably Converged
    I used the Treo 700wx and the 820 after my 730 started going crazy. I must say that the ONLY thing the Treo had over the 820 was a full keyboard. I am selling my Treo and keeping the 820 as a backup and it's nice to have a small flip sometimes. Superdave actually got bored with the phone because there was nothing to tweak. It runs that good.

I know i am but what are you?
    I used the PN820 for the last 4 months, not because of my I730 not working, it just didn't work like it should, never did since the WM5 Update.

I loved the PN820, except it didn't work well with BT headsets (all the time). but it was a flip phone and was easy to talk on.

I have one sitting on my desk and i won't get rid of it, just in case. I highly recommend it for a smartphone, I have a MotQ you can have if you would like, you pay the shipping. heh (they are junk)