+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar

I760 Hack Wish List

Please only post if you have used the device for at least a week.
    Try not to ask questions about the phone functionality in this thread especially if you don't have the device yet.

i would like to see a T9 hack for the front key pad. dont know if it is possible but it would be useful.

I would like to see a program that would allow me to press and hold the number keys and assign those to programs.

I know i am but what are you?
    If a Hack is requested, and it is not required, as it already is "do able" please let us know.

A button to Temporary Quick lock the device.

(it may be available, but have not found it)

edit, the quick lock seems to only be used from the today screen
    Last edited by dangerous; 10-07-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Comfortably Converged
    The built-in calculator lets you use the number pad, but you still need the touchscreen for the +-x/. I would love to see this done by the D-Pad similar to a smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    I would like to see a program that would allow me to press and hold the number keys and assign those to programs.
    I second this. I imagine that this would also help when mapping buttons for games (guilty pleasure). Right now you can't map the keypad buttons, which really hurts the console emulators if you want to use the d-pad.
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    If a Hack is requested, and it is not required, as it already is "do able" please let us know.

A button to Temporary Quick lock the device.

(it may be available, but have not found it)

edit, the quick lock seems to only be used from the today screen
    Unless I'm not understanding you correctly, we already have this ability. Hold the * button to lock the phone.

Button mapping would be great---I haven't gotten around to testing some of the older ones to see if they would work---but we'll have to hack out the "other" buttons to gain access to those. I'll have to dig up some of the WM2003 hacks we did on buttons to see if they'll work.....assuming I'll find any free time....
    Jeremiah 29:11

i would love to see a hack that allows the use of the built in gps to work with google maps...if this is even possible.

I'm not sure that is possible---need more of a VZ Navigator program. Now that should be possible...

Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    i would love to see a hack that allows the use of the built in gps to work with google maps...if this is even possible.

This is not possible, the 'built in gps' isn't really a GPS. Lots of phones (i730 for example) have this 'built in gps' and no one has come up w/ a way to use it to meaningfully map where you are. VZW Navigator is the closest thing.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Galaxy Gazer
    (not sure if this is the right place...but it may be a potential need for a hack)
    Question: When on the Contacts screen, can you filter the contacts list using the front/numeric keypad? We do this on the i730 by simply sliding out the qwerty keyboard starting typing. That ability is not here anymore with horizontal sliding keyboard (or atleast i don't want to slide it out, rotate, and start typing)...so wondering if the numeric keys can be used to do this (i.e. fuzzy search based on the letters assigned to each key: 2=abc, 3=def, 4=ghi, etc.). Can someone try this? or am i making absolutely no sense here?

I know i am but what are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimension View Post
    (not sure if this is the right place...but it may be a potential need for a hack)
    Question: When on the Contacts screen, can you filter the contacts list using the front/numeric keypad? We do this on the i730 by simply sliding out the qwerty keyboard starting typing. That ability is not here anymore with horizontal sliding keyboard (or atleast i don't want to slide it out, rotate, and start typing)...so wondering if the numeric keys can be used to do this (i.e. fuzzy search based on the letters assigned to each key: 2=abc, 3=def, 4=ghi, etc.). Can someone try this? or am i making absolutely no sense here?
    Dim, good to hear from you. hope this helps.
    From the Home screen, if you start dialing a name from the exterior keys, (or) a Phone number and it will start the matching process, or dial the name. IE, Kristin would be 5747846 and it will find all pertinent matches.
    is that what you were looking for?

Galaxy Gazer
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Dim, good to hear from you. hope this helps.
    From the Home screen, if you start dialing a name from the exterior keys, (or) a Phone number and it will start the matching process, or dial the name. IE, Kristin would be 5747846 and it will find all pertinent matches.
    is that what you were looking for?
    sort of...but more spefically i wanted to know if what you can do from the home screen can be done from the Contacts screen itself. The reason for this is that there are certain cases where an app will pop up that Contacts screen (i.e. if you want to sent a text or email and click on the "To" button).

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension View Post
    sort of...but more spefically i wanted to know if what you can do from the home screen can be done from the Contacts screen itself. The reason for this is that there are certain cases where an app will pop up that Contacts screen (i.e. if you want to sent a text or email and click on the "To" button).
    I just tried pushing the number keys while Contacts was open. Absolutely nothing happened.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Fully Converged
    You have to scroll up to the top bar(where it says "Enter a name...") in contacts to spell a name out with the front keypad
    Last edited by Nemanracing; 10-13-2007 at 04:33 AM.
    XV6900 Custom WM6.1, 8GB microSDHC
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanracing View Post
    You have to scroll up to the top bar(where it says "Enter a name...") in contacts to spell a name out with the front keypad
    Thanks for the tip. It would have been nice had MS set it up so it defaulted to placing the cursor in that field.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    New phone, same problem...

A hack where the screen would stay on during a call would be grrrrrreat!

Quote Originally Posted by brassMONKEY View Post
    New phone, same problem...

A hack where the screen would stay on during a call would be grrrrrreat!
    Go to power settings, power save tab, and click the option you want. I use dimming only.

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    Go to power settings, power save tab, and click the option you want. I use dimming only.
    hmmm, I had the "60 sec" voice call option selected, but during a call the screen would immediately turn off! -I will try "dimming only". Thank you for your help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast