+ Reply to Thread
    Epic Geek

i760 WM6 and ICS

I would like to know if any of our esteemed members have tried to use internet connection sharing to tether anything via wifi to share the EVDO connection with another device (say a personal media player).

I have an iPod touch which I have been able to successfully connect with an adhoc wifi connection with my treo tethered to my laptop using PDAnet but am wondering if it is possible to do with simply an i760 and another wifi device.

Any input would be helpful in determining my purchasing choice in a couple weeks. Thanks.

I haven't got it working yet... but Chainfire's WiFiRouter should allow WiFi sharing if you can get USB sharing to work.

I'm thinking that Verizonguy's modem driver plus the ICS zip out there will get ICS through USB... I'm hoping... but haven't completed working on it.

Anyone care to comment? anyone got USB-based ICS working? or maybe even BT ICS? without PDAnet?

I tried. Failed, or rather, I think we're missing key pieces from WM6.

Verizon removed our ICS and replaced it with that lame Modem Link app that takes over the phone. This is so that they can kindly distinguish "local" net traffic from tethered traffic and charge extra for it.

If anyone knows how to restore ICS to our AKU, I'm all ears.

Save me some trouble: what did you try?

Did you use Verizonguy's modem.zip plus the ICS DLL & EXE all together?