+ Reply to Thread

iPhone contacts - does i760 work with PocketCM?

I'm coming from the Q, so I'm looking for ways to enhance 1-handed use of the i760. Since there is no scroll wheel, the PocketCM contact app is an intriguing option for one-handed dialing. Has anyone tried it on the i760 yet?

Thanks!

PocketCM Contacts & Keyboard

Last edited by onlydarksets; 10-11-2007 at 01:24 AM.

New title - hopefully someone with an i760 will give this a spin.

I just don't need it. From the today screen, I just start hitting numbers corresponding to contact name---2-5-2-6 for Alan and every contact with Alan in it pops up. What could be easier?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks for the info!

Has anyone tried this on the i760 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    ...From the today screen, I just start hitting numbers corresponding to contact name---2-5-2-6 for Alan and every contact with Alan in it pops up. What could be easier?
    I totally agree...the only think I can think of is that it's a good looking skin..

Also, do you have to have the slider open to do that, or can you be on the dial-pad, slider closed, and still have that hyper-search? I thought I read on another post that it doesn't work when the slider is closed....or maybe it was when in the actual contacts app...i don't remember!

works just fine with the slider closed... doesn't work when contacts app is open.

works just fine with the slider closed... doesn't work when contacts app is open.
    So, how do you do an address lookup one-handed?

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    So, how do you do an address lookup one-handed?
    Sounds like right from the today screen it'll hyper-text search for the contact....you don't have to go to the contact application....ironically, it doesn't work from the contact app....

Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    Sounds like right from the today screen it'll hyper-text search for the contact....you don't have to go to the contact application....ironically, it doesn't work from the contact app....
    what he said.....

seriously though, just pick it up, turn it on (for me that is the most cumbersome part), unlock it if you have it locked, then start pressing the number pad on the front.

I'll actually answer the question instead of suggesting OTHER ways to do it. I've loaded it on tonight and seems to work as promised. I really like the program and have mapped it to my front softkey.

I really fine this program as I can easily navigate to the contact's information screen. The interface is really nice, probably the best part about the app. I've tried iContact and Finger Friendly - - so far, this seems to work the best for ME. Give it a try, you can always take it off!

Das Uber Tech Geek
    Hi,

It works fine.
    I have it installed.
    Nice ballistics.

Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    Actually this isn't exactly true either. If you open up the contact app, and push "up" on the round navigation key, it will put the cursor at the top search bar. From there you can type "alan" and it will list all those contacts who first last or middle names start with "alan". All this can definitely be done with the front keypad... which is awesome!

Also, I find it easier to just type the name from the today screen, and it will list all those contacts directly (without having to open the contact app and having to use the search bar).

Try it! It's fun!

Oh and lastly, I use Spb Pocket Plus, which let's me scroll using the touch screen.... so I can do it all!

Actually you don't have to move up to the search bar to enter names... You just have to press and hold each number key for about a second.. it's weird.. but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by DazednConfuzed View Post
    Actually this isn't exactly true either. If you open up the contact app, and push "up" on the round navigation key, it will put the cursor at the top search bar. From there you can type "alan" and it will list all those contacts who first last or middle names start with "alan". All this can definitely be done with the front keypad... which is awesome!

Also, I find it easier to just type the name from the today screen, and it will list all those contacts directly (without having to open the contact app and having to use the search bar).

Try it! It's fun!

Oh and lastly, I use Spb Pocket Plus, which let's me scroll using the touch screen.... so I can do it all!

I have it and I love it. An added bonus (that I didn't know about when I installed it) is that it gives you threaded SMS conversations by contact.

Mapped PocketCM to left softkey?

Quote Originally Posted by mynticelx View Post
    I'll actually answer the question instead of suggesting OTHER ways to do it. I've loaded it on tonight and seems to work as promised. I really like the program and have mapped it to my front softkey.

I really fine this program as I can easily navigate to the contact's information screen. The interface is really nice, probably the best part about the app. I've tried iContact and Finger Friendly - - so far, this seems to work the best for ME. Give it a try, you can always take it off!
    I downloaded it and kinda like. It's flashy, but is it worth it? Up to each user. The question I have is I haven't been able to map it to the left soft key. How'd you pull that off, if I may ask? That might make it much easier for one handed use?

Go into the Today settings, and then the "Soft Key" tab. There you can set the left softkey on the home page to open any application.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Go into the Today settings, and then the "Soft Key" tab. There you can set the left softkey on the home page to open any application.
    Tried it a while back, but the program doesn't appear in the programs options list in the left softkey today settings. Maybe I downloaded the program incorrectly. I might try removing and downloading again. I just wanted to confirm that it should be an option in the today settings left softkey list of programs that can be mapped to the left softkey. Correct?

I just don't need it. From the today screen, I just start hitting numbers corresponding to contact name---2-5-2-6 for Alan and every contact with Alan in it pops up. What could be easier?
    I have a bit of a grievance with how we have to look up contacts, and maybe it's b/c I haven't figured something out. But, how come when we do a hyper-search it doesn't just search the first letter of the first name? This is how regular cell phones do it and this would be more convenient when trying to find a name to call. Please tell me I'm overlooking something.