+ Reply to Thread

iphone like interface on the i760?

Last edited by tange1; 10-10-2007 at 02:48 PM.

From the Youtube on your link, I have that dialpad.

There's a lot of iPhone on Windows Mobile stuff going on, check WhoNeedsAniPhone.com - A new interface for Windows Mobile designed in Flash Lite!
    -s

u like it? I think I would get sick of the clown fish after a few days .. Do you have this same one or one like it?

I'm partial to the whoneedsaniphone (aka freestyl) myself. It's nice because it doesn't try to emulate an iphone interface, but uses the good things about that interface as a jumping off point. I personally like it because it reminds me of a windows desktop with icons. Everything you need right on the surface, even links to phone numbers and websites. According to one of the creators, they should be launching the new site tonight. It's still only in ALPHA at the moment, but it is definitely worth trying out.
    P.S. And it looks nice on the i760
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...

ruashoh can you please post some pic's of the i760 running it? A video would be even better

Also, is everything working on it? Contact, Weather and stuff? Also does it include all those programs (for contacts, weather & etc..) and if it does is there a map program?

Right now, the weather, locker, new dialer and contact apps are not yet released. They're trying to get the main program at least to a beta before they add other apps. They both have jobs and families so it takes them a while to update, but I encourage you to go to the website and read through the forums. As for video of it on my i760; I could, but it will take some time before I have the time to sit down and record it in action. I'm quite busy until Sunday, but I'll try to squeeze it in. The program ran well on my i730 as well, but the style of it looks more in tune with the style of the i760.
    Looking forward to http://www.whoneedsaniphone.com/ talk about the best of both worlds...

cool.. yes I read some of the forums today.. "he has a baby on the way and coaches his 2 sons football team" I did my homework hehehehehe .... Maybe I'll wait till the whole thing is done which will give me time to figure out some of the world of PDA phones... I was reading the directions on how to load it and it got me nervious.. I'm usualy the one who everyone comes to hook stuff up and look at there computers but this got me all confused...

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    u like it? I think I would get sick of the clown fish after a few days .. Do you have this same one or one like it?
    I use this ... you can change the background to anything you want ... I'm not fond of the slider lock he has ... mainly because of the clown fish ... so I use another one ... it works great ... and is extremely stable ... bit of a resourse pig ... but I only loaded things I like ... droped the skinable calc, dropped the mp3 player ... something else but I forget
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I'm usualy the one who everyone comes to hook stuff up and look at there computers but this got me all confused...
    Actually, it's not that hard to set up. First, you need to install the compact .net framework on your phone (which is actually built in to WM6 on the i760.) Then you install flashlite 2.1, which serves as your flash for the internet as well. (Flashlite 3.0 will support flash 8 and flv when it's available to download next month!) Once you have those in place, you actually just run the server from where ever you placed it. It runs well from my memory card. I highly recommend you play with your i760 and get to know it first, especially if you've never had a pda/pda phone. It's good to know how things work before you start trying to change them...
    P.S. The great thing about this is it uses relatively little resources, so it is a viable option to "replace" the today screen.
    Last edited by ruasoh; 10-11-2007 at 01:30 AM.

I'm more bored of the bluetone dialpad of WM5 than I am of the fish, and the fish can be replaced.
    -s

The i760 (or more accurately, WM6) has different colors to choose from for your dialer. You can even set them to sync with the today stock styles. On top of that, it looks like skinning your own dialer is possible and easy...It's on my list of things to play with when I get free time.