+ Reply to Thread

How's the call volume??

I've read the great feedback and reviews from the luckly folks who already have one of these....I think just about everyone said the call quality has been very good....

One specific question I have is regarding call volume, when you're actaully on a call....The 6700 is really low...to the point where sometimes in a noisy environment I have to put on speakerphone, turn it all the way down, flip the phone around and listen that way....I found myself actually avoiding calls because of this...

So for you guys/gals that have been using the device....how's the volume of the of the other person on the other side? Can you hear them loud enough? Is your volume all the way up or do you have some headroom to turn it up even further?

Call volume is great for me. I don't have to turn it all the way up, and sometimes I'll even turn it down mid-call. (I leave it at about 60%)
    Jeremiah 29:11

How's the reception/call quality?

Does it seem to make and hold a call at least as well as a regular cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoebob View Post
    How's the reception/call quality?

Does it seem to make and hold a call at least as well as a regular cell phone?
    I've had no dropped calls as of yet--but I'm not a significant talker--about 300 min/month tops. Reception is clear---people on the other end say I sound fine.

Loud and clear here as well. I have to turn some calls down as they are too loud, such as my wife on her Q.

Thanks...appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfielder View Post
    I've had no dropped calls as of yet--but I'm not a significant talker--about 300 min/month tops. Reception is clear---people on the other end say I sound fine.
    How does it compare to the i730 ?

The biggest complaint I get with the i730 is that the distand end cannot hear me (volume too low) when leveraging the internal microphone. Bluetooth and wired headsets work fine.

I friend of mine uses the Mogul and its internal microphone works very well. I usually have to turn down the volume for the earpiece on my i730.
    i760 VZW

Quote Originally Posted by wallst View Post
    How does it compare to the i730 ?

The biggest complaint I get with the i730 is that the distand end cannot hear me (volume too low) when leveraging the internal microphone. Bluetooth and wired headsets work fine.

I friend of mine uses the Mogul and its internal microphone works very well. I usually have to turn down the volume for the earpiece on my i730.
    I have had no complaints, and the people I have asked said I sound fine. I would get the occassional, "I can barely hear you" on the i730, but if I adjusted the phone it would get better. It seemed to be worse if the slider was open---which is how I usually answered the phone.

How's the background noise? Does anyone know if it has a noise cancellation feature?

Good Question...

Quote Originally Posted by rage151 View Post
    How's the background noise? Does anyone know if it has a noise cancellation feature?
    rage...good question...I don't believe so....but since I'm on the waiting list with everyone else I can't say for sure....maybe someone who has one can help answer....