+ Reply to Thread

Yahoo! Go on Samsung i760..doesnt work?

i have downloaded and installed yahoo go on my samsung i760, but everytime i run it i get an error message. i have tried everything...has anyone that has the i760 been able to get this to work on their phone? here is the link...

Yahoo! Go

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    use this link instead:
    http://us.m.yahoo.com/

AWESOME site, I use it ALL the time for everything from checking yahoo mail to looking up movie times to finding a cheeseburger -"one search" is the balls!

Yes, Yahoo Go doesn't work. I get an error, and never heard back from them about a fix or anything.
    Also, the mobile version of Yahoo is fine, but its not the same as Yahoo Go.

Also tried to run Yahoo.Go and it's a No Go. Never used it on the i730 but interested now that I have the i760. Think I will try to contact them for a fix unless someone has already heard something.

Quote Originally Posted by nmjones View Post
    Also tried to run Yahoo.Go and it's a No Go. Never used it on the i730 but interested now that I have the i760. Think I will try to contact them for a fix unless someone has already heard something.
    Yeah, i had the same problem. I hope there is a fix. This would come in handy with my data plan.
    T.Harris

i wish they would release a flickr only app... that would be the only thing i would use. Yahoo go 2.0 is a nice app tho.

along these lines, maybe you guys can help me out w/ a "yahoo" issue.

I've read my.yahoo.com for years on my Treo. Now all of a sudden, when I click on an article to read, the beginning text of the article is double printed. By that, I mean that there are essentially 2 paragraphs of text overlaying one another. It makes the first part of the article illegible, but the rest seems OK.

Any thoughts? or has anyone else experienced this?

It is the same "My Yahoo" version I run on as my homepage on the desktop and laptop.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by finadvsr View Post
    along these lines, maybe you guys can help me out w/ a "yahoo" issue.

I've read my.yahoo.com for years on my Treo. Now all of a sudden, when I click on an article to read, the beginning text of the article is double printed. By that, I mean that there are essentially 2 paragraphs of text overlaying one another. It makes the first part of the article illegible, but the rest seems OK.

Any thoughts? or has anyone else experienced this?

It is the same "My Yahoo" version I run on as my homepage on the desktop and laptop.

Thanks!
    When I first started using the i730 two years ago I did not have that issue. Somewhere along the line something changed and I started expericing the same issue as you. I use a workaround. I go to the bottom of the article i'm reading and choose "printable view".

I came across this thread trying to get Yahoo go to work on my i760 I just brought home. I'm did some searching and found an app called called ShoZu and it has Flickr uploading. I'm going to give it a try after I make sure it's not going to spam me to death. I'll post how it turns out, I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

Got a reply from Yahoo on my problem with Yahoo Go. They requested futher deatils which I sent this morning. We'll see what happens. I have never used Yahoo Go before with the i730. I assume some of you were able to get it to work with the i730.

i have been in contact with yahoo about the problem and they tell me that my phone isnt compatible, even though its on the site as a compatible phone.

"I apologize however we do not see a link to any site other than the wap site we suggested your try using.

In doing some research, the mobile you are listing does not appear to be supported for Yahoo! Go under your specific carrier.

Go: Phone Selection

Unfortunately, until your mobile is listed on this page, Yahoo! Go will not work with your mobile. I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mobile.

Regards,

Cort

Yahoo! Mobile Customer Care
    60074644"

here is the email address that i have responding to...

mobile-go@cc.yahoo-inc.com

Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    i have been in contact with yahoo about the problem and they tell me that my phone isnt compatible, even though its on the site as a compatible phone.

"I apologize however we do not see a link to any site other than the wap site we suggested your try using.

In doing some research, the mobile you are listing does not appear to be supported for Yahoo! Go under your specific carrier.

Go: Phone Selection

Unfortunately, until your mobile is listed on this page, Yahoo! Go will not work with your mobile. I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mobile.

Regards,

Cort

Yahoo! Mobile Customer Care
    60074644"

here is the email address that i have responding to...

mobile-go@cc.yahoo-inc.com
    I guess the Customer Care people handling my case haven't gotten the memo yet. They have sent me a second email requesting more information. But judging from the questions they are asking it sounds like they are headed in the wrong direction anyway.

I also get the same error. I would really like to try out Yahoo! Go but I guess it's a No Go at this point.

Mike

I could noy get it to work, but then I disabled the contact sync and now it has been working for me fine for over a month.

I've been using Yahoo Go 2.0 on my i760. It sometimes does not connect when I have WiFi, but no phone connection. I find that Yahoo Go does not operate properly when my i760 goes to sleep. It shuts down and creates an error message.