+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBAY SKINS?

EBAY SKINS?

Samsung I760 Skins Choose Any 3 From 255 Styles - (eBay item 130163583233 end time Oct-17-07 18:00:00 PDT)

The link shows the skins on ebay for the 760

Has anyone starting using them?

Do they cover the sides/top/bottom of the phone?

...or just the front and back of the phone?

I purchased a 3 pack of these skins. They are stickers that cover the front, with some wrap around for most of the sides of the top portion of the phone. It does not cover the top or bottom. The back stickers just sit on top of the two back pieces.

I placed a Mahogany-look sticker on and it looks good. A little tricky putting it on, especially around the num pad. Fairly sticky, but comes off.

It is hard to tell what the final product will look like with the small thumbnail pix they have on their product page, but for $3 a sticker, its a good deal. I just ordered another set.

These are not for everyone. I like the protection and the individualization they provide.

Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by pocketdoc View Post
    I purchased a 3 pack of these skins. They are stickers that cover the front, with some wrap around for most of the sides of the top portion of the phone. It does not cover the top or bottom. The back stickers just sit on top of the two back pieces.

I placed a Mahogany-look sticker on and it looks good. A little tricky putting it on, especially around the num pad. Fairly sticky, but comes off.

It is hard to tell what the final product will look like with the small thumbnail pix they have on their product page, but for $3 a sticker, its a good deal. I just ordered another set.

These are not for everyone. I like the protection and the individualization they provide.
    pocketdoc....any chance you can post a picture?

I'm going to order these as well. I don't really imagine they will help protect it at all (except maybe from some minor dings or scratches) but I found 3 I really liked the look of. I actually could order 2 sets (6) but figured I probably wouldn't change them that much the way it is.

I purchased some off Ebay also. Not that I thought they would protect my phone, but to give it a little character. They are pretty cool looking and worth the cost to add the character to the phone. I think they will help cut down against the little dings and scratches, but they do not completely cover the entire phone. Hope this helps.

I got these and put one of them on. They arent too terribly hard to put on, and then completely change the look of the phone. I dont really see these protecting the phone much, but maybe from some smaller dings or scratches. Mostly, they are for looks, and I'm happy I paid the 10 bucks for them.

God, I have a problem. It's me. michele654's Avatar
    How are they to take off? Does it leave sticky all over the phone?

-Michele

I only took mine off once and that was right away, and it didn't leave anything behind then. I've had them on for a while now though and don't really want to have to line them back up to put them on. They are made of vinyl though so I imagine it wont leave anything behind.

FWIW I had these skins on my 700p. I would leave them on for quite a while and when they got beat up I would change it. They do leave sticky stuff behind that you can easily rub off or use the already peeled portion "dab" at it to take it off. Maybe it was the plastic on the Treo? I have ordered more for this phone so I will see if it was just the plastic.

For those of you that purchased these, would you mind taking a few photos and letting us know what you think about them after using them for a bit. Used to get some for my i600 back in the day, just to change the look, and wouldn't mind possibly doing it for the i760 as well in the future, when I get bored with it. Just curious on your additional thoughts.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the one I have on it now when I get home. You get 3 in the package which I think is a good deal. The "feel" of the phone changes slightly...almost like its a little easier to hold (Its hard to explain, but it seems like its easier to grip now and I'm not so worried about it slipping out of my hand if that makes sense). Overall I'm very glad I got them though, and would definitely do it again.

Does anyone use this with the extended battery?

Quote Originally Posted by dj_808 View Post
    Does anyone use this with the extended battery?
    I don't but I thought about ordering 2 sets so I'd have an extra, since they are so cheap. I haven't gotten that far yet though.`

Front:

Back: (yes I lost one of those rubber plus to cover the screw holes already...no idea how though)

Keypad:

cool thanks!

Ah, brings me back to the days when I wanted the most awesome totally rad cover design on my Trapper Keeper.

I'm not that impressed ... they're okay. Certainly not as vibrant as it looks on the ebay site, especially the color black. Blacks turn out a bit faded looking, as with the other 2 that I got.

Sorry for the blurry pics. I didn't want to use the flash, as it actually made black color darker than they really are.

As another poster noted, it does add some grip to the device.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBAY SKINS?-1.jpg   EBAY SKINS?-2.jpg   EBAY SKINS?-i760i-59-.jpg